"Soviet" Skating

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha
Looking around the web, I found there's apparently a technique teaching video of soviet skating called well... Soviet Skating. I can't seem to find this anywhere though. I love collecting any information and I've been dying to find a video like this one, soviet stuff is hard to come by.

Anyone ever heard of this? If you have, want to sell it :)?

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
The only teaching video I have ever come across regarding older Soviet skating/training was refering to the RUSSIAN BOX, a training device. Do a search and you will find both video, product sales and blueprints to make your own.

There was a documentary series called "Legends of Russsian Sports" with one issue devoted to Vsevolod Bobrov, it used archival footage of Russian training sessions. Another source was a book written for the series...Anatoly Tarasov -The father of Russian hockey.

A modern source is put out by Victor Beryshevtsev(sp?). He runs a school and puts out a training DVD on top flight skating instruction as taught by the Russians.

Analyzer*

They must do something different. Russian players are always heavier, but they can always fly.

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha
The only teaching video I have ever come across regarding older Soviet skating/training was refering to the RUSSIAN BOX, a training device. Do a search and you will find both video, product sales and blueprints to make your own.

There was a documentary series called "Legends of Russsian Sports" with one issue devoted to Vsevolod Bobrov, it used archival footage of Russian training sessions. Another source was a book written for the series...Anatoly Tarasov -The father of Russian hockey.

A modern source is put out by Victor Beryshevtsev(sp?). He runs a school and puts out a training DVD on top flight skating instruction as taught by the Russians.

Yeah, I already know of Victor and Anatole Tarasov(I have his Soviet techniques book). Thanks though.

i was trained by a russian, they definitely have their own style and its very effective

Can you elaborate, sounds interesting.

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
Kareem;20601383}you elaborate said:
ive only been trained by this guy so i cant really compare to any thing else

the way he was teaching was trying to be efficient with your skating. there was no wasted energy. you are in a very low stance which allows you to corner harder and sharper. its getting your entire body into the skating motion, using your arms and only having one hand on your stick when you are skating hard. he could get me to fly out of turns. its very effective but difficult

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad