Sounds like Nunes vs Cyborg is pretty much a done deal

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
This super fight has been hyped for a long time and it looks like it’s finally gonna happen, Various media outlets are reporting it including TSN.

Cyborg by 2nd round tko

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Is Nunes now the greatest female fighter of all time?

Yes, I think she deserves that spot for now, she has a few losses, but the last time she lost was like 4 years ago, and since then she has beat the best of the best in their prime.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Is Nunes now the greatest female fighter of all time?
Wait. How many times did Cyborg win ?? Or Ronda ??

The greatest fighter now ? Yes, she holds the biggest belts.
But of all times ?

She lost fights.
Steal against Valentina ... .

She needs some more clear wins IMO, a rematch against Cyborg among others.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Wait. How many times did Cyborg win ?? Or Ronda ??

The greatest fighter now ? Yes, she holds the biggest belts.
But of all times ?

She lost fights.
Steal against Valentina ... .

She needs some more clear wins IMO, a rematch against Cyborg among others.

Cyborg does not deserve a rematch. She got run over in 50 seconds, it was decisive. I agree a rematch with Shevchenko but that wint happen since Valentina went down and Amanda went up. Other than that shes dominated everyone for the last 4 years.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Cyborg does not deserve a rematch. She got run over in 50 seconds, it was decisive. I agree a rematch with Shevchenko but that wint happen since Valentina went down and Amanda went up. Other than that shes dominated everyone for the last 4 years.

we agree on Valentina.

++

On Cyborg, i believe that here case for a rematch is not justified by the closeness of here loss to Nunes, rather by here dominance in most of the previous MMA fights.
In other words Cyborg proved she was good in all here fights, and the last fight didn't prove she was inferior to Amanda Nunes.

23 fights
2 fights lost - the first fight and the last one with Amanda Nunes.
1 was overturned for a technical reason
20 wins
17 ko/tko
3 wins decision (none was split)

This is what i believe would deem a "right" to have a rematch.
And with Amanda, she didn't loose in a way that showed she was inferior.

So it is on the sweet melange of here previous invicibility AND the way she losts that would be a ticket for a rematch.
( i am not in favor of systematic rematches !! don't get me wrong.)

i would also add a "doubtful" win of Nunes over Valentina ... to add in the bucket and weaken the position of Amanda as an unquestioned champion ...
So by winning a second time against the Almighty Cyborg, she would seal it. IMO.

But actually, even if it wouldn't happen, Cyborg will fight another woman and then have a new shot at the title. In this circumstance, probably, Nunes would have had another fight and then would be back to touch gloves with Cyborg.

Finally, on a PPV, BIG MONEY !!! probably the biggest that ever took place on ladies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
im Not a fan of immediate rematches unless the first fight was controversial. But I am intrigued by the rematch and think Cyborg should only need one win to earn her next title shot. The rematch is interesting because Cyborg got caught rushing in, perhaps underestimated Nunes power and it would be interesting to see Cyborg fight a more tactical fight in the rematch.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
im Not a fan of immediate rematches unless the first fight was controversial. But I am intrigued by the rematch and think Cyborg should only need one win to earn her next title shot. The rematch is interesting because Cyborg got caught rushing in, perhaps underestimated Nunes power and it would be interesting to see Cyborg fight a more tactical fight in the rematch.

Yeah, Tito Ortiz(I think, if not him, one of her trainers) saying she threw her gameplan out the window on the first punch landed by Nunes does make me more intrigued to see a rematch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad