Sounds like MacT is giving Nelson the job?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
48 hours ago he said he was going the process of looking at a lot off different options. I know Marc Crawford is rumoured to be looking to head back to the NHL for next season and like every year--we will see other coaches sacked.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
I remember a time, when the Oilers had their best season in give or take 5 years and the plan was to find Ralph Krueger a shiny new assistant coach. Whatever happens it will have been "the plan" all along.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The plan now won't be the plan a few months from now when a shiny new bauble catches his attention.

I to giggle a bit when he sits up there and claims "there has been too much change!", the very same guy who came in and promise bold changes and mocked his predecessor for being gunshy in making changes.

Mactavish knows something about being a hypocritical idiot if there was ever a concern :laugh:

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Seems to me you don't fix what isn't broken, there are many things to fix, presently coaching isn't one of them. Nelson saved MacT's job, he also can take it away, ironically MacT has the controls on this.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I wonder what will happen to the assistant coaches next season? Usually a new coach would want to chose his own assistants.

I hope Lowe and Buchberger are gone before next season.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Seems to me you don't fix what isn't broken, there are many things to fix, presently coaching isn't one of them. Nelson saved MacT's job, he also can take it away, ironically MacT has the controls on this.

You're probably reading too much into it

When Mact was asked about Kreuger's job when he took over, he stated that he didn't have a problem with the coaching, and that there was a need for continuity in the coaching position. He then proceeded to fall in love with Eakins and replace the head coach within a month.

You can't expect consistency from inherently illogical and emotional people.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Friends of mine were at that season tickets crap yesterday.
MacT still loves Eakins, but gave Nelson praises. Talks about the new arena from LaForge. Basically the same old crap from last year. Although one fan said that they wanted Nelson as coach next year, and everybody in the crowd cheered for it.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Mact is still deciding what he wants for breakfast

Utter fabrication

He believed that eggs were better than he originally thought, and had that for breakfast.

He's firm in his belief that eggs were the right choice even after being hospitalized with food poisoning.

Last edited:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Utter fabrication

He believed that eggs were better than he originally thought, and had that for breakfast.

He's firm in his belief that eggs were the right choice even after being hospitalized with food poisoning.

This really made me laugh more than it should have...thanks, I needed that on my crappy Friday. :laugh:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Sorry, they actually changed the video number, should be ok now.

Thanks, got it now.

Sure looks like a less disheveled MacT than the one that was doing his bizarre "nobody lives it more than me!" presser earlier in the year when they were in the midst of their supposed 'forensic audit' where he was tossing anvil-shaped life preservers to the scouting staff.

Now he sounds more like he did back at training camp with his talk of "the worst of it is over" and such.

At this point, I wouldn't trust MacT to mow my lawn without ****ing it up.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Seems like the crowd likes him :)

[NHL]765092[/NHL]

Boy.. Is that refreshing. This guy seems down to earth, humble and appreciative of the opportunity given. Total opposite of Dallas "The Professor" Eakins. I use to cringe when I'd ever hear or see an interview of his.

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
Seen enough from Nelson to suggest that he deserves a chance to coach this team going forward.

By the same token I've seen enough from MacT to know that he needs to **** ***.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Sure sounds like it if you read between the lines on his "change" talk, and how the current team is playing.

SSH (Season Seat Holders) meet and greet.

[NHL]765095[/NHL]

Well...at least one poster agrees.

This was posted a week to the day in the MacT presser thread that you started:

It was pretty clear to me that MacT intends to keep Nelson around for a while.

I got that out of his checkbox thing.

I'm also glad that he didn't throw Eakins under the bus. You know he can, I know he can, and he knows he could. To me it shows a bit of class, and I know to others he just doesn't want to admit his mistake.

Probably a combination of the two.

Gee. Maybe I can be as good as Replacement. :sarcasm:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
There is that mact bullcrap narrative about how he made a team that can have long term sustainable success. He is depending on the same guys for the long term success that he had when he became GM, aside from 1st round gifts in the draft.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I would think Nelson has the job all wrapped up. It's just very knee jerk to do it now while there's no pressing reason to. It's not like a player. We can finish the season and do it then

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Boy.. Is that refreshing. This guy seems down to earth, humble and appreciative of the opportunity given. Total opposite of Dallas "The Professor" Eakins. I use to cringe when I'd ever hear or see an interview of his.

Sorry to do this to you :)
Fingernails on the chalkboard once again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad