OT: Sound ads that make everyone puke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
I've been a member here for 6 years and have never had to deal with such spamtacular ads.

That's right, I'm talking about the ads at the bottom of the screen that happen to have the sound on by default and loop from one ad to the other and they are on every ****ing page on autoplay.

I was looking for a place to post this and couldn't find anything, should I post in the support forum, the one that's completely empty save for a post for rookies?

While I know this site is free and that becoming a sponsor would free me of these ads, I find them particularly annoying. When I stream or go on sites that are bordrline legit, I expect to deal with such ads, but not here on HF.

I've been on this board for quite some time because it's simply the best. It's well run and the community is great. Now I don't know what prompted management to think these are a good idea, but it's not. While it may get the board some much needed $$$ there are other, much less intrusive ways to display ads from your sponsors.

Mods: If you know where we could have our voices heard on this subject, please point me in the right direction. Thanks !

PS: Before anyone goes smartass on me, I know of a certain browser add-on that can fix this, I just don't use it on this particular browser.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
There's no sound on them, but I get a kick out of those weight gain banners at the top or bottom of the pages:

m.jpg

Blurred/censored pic

+

replace 'bread' with 'breast'

=

explains my gut :naughty:

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
I take it you didn't read the entire post :shakehead

Why are you ranting then?

Downloading Chrome takes 2 seconds. Ad-block takes 2 seconds.

The adds make this forum survive. If you can't take 10 sec of your time to just change browser, well why rant?

Its like you have cancer but you wont take the medication cuz you havent took then before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad