Movies: Soul (Pixar) - available on Disney+ December 25th, 2020

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
How about a neo-realist depiction of the afterlife: 90 minutes of a blank screen with no sound. Longer, upon request; endless, if you like. :naughty:

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Watched this last night with the lady. We both thought it was fantastic . Loved the music- jazz parts and the rest of the score. Going to watch “inside out” next . Haven’t seen it . :)

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Also, what's with Pixar and making me cry. Inside Out, Coco, Up, Toy Story (3 especially of all), Finding Nemo. Damn, they got this down to a science.

Ever see Big Hero 6? If you don't shed a tear, you ain't alive. lol.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
After the disappointment of WW84, this was a wonderful. Didn't expect it to delve into such deep ideas. I think we can all agree that by far the funniest part in the movie was the shots fired at the
New York Knicks
. :biglaugh:

9+/10.

Last edited:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Watched it between last night & tonight w/my family w/6-year-old son. We all enjoyed it a lot, and he's pretty picky!

DynamiteKid

Aug 12, 2005
Stony Plain
Music and animation were outstanding. The rest of the movie was just average to me. It doesn't touch Inside Out, which imo is Pixar's best.

Big kudos to Disney for releasing it for free though. Makes having the subscription that much more worthwhile.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I really wasn't a fan of this movie. Not Good Dinosaur/Monster's U/Cars series bad, but just a tier above those. Movie had no structure or flow, just going from a random place to another and having to explain what said place was.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I really wasn't a fan of this movie. Not Good Dinosaur/Monster's U/Cars series bad, but just a tier above those. Movie had no structure or flow, just going from a random place to another and having to explain what said place was.
100% agree. Feel like they wanted to do a Lilo and Stitch type story with the destructive being learning about the meaning of life, but it was just meh. Second half I just skimmed through because I was bored.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Sounds like you completely missed the point of the movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad