Sooooo....Crosby is rated higher than Gretzky

ot92s

Nov 5, 2011
yeah crosby is a real bone crusher. gretz was a very underrated defender. its absurd to have crosby as a better all around player.

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
I do have to say that it is pretty ridiculous to have Crosby rated higher than Gretzky! Crosby is a dominant player... best player on the ice today... but Gretzky is the best player to step on the ice of all time.

On a side, Crosby tried to hit/fight a lot in hit first couple seasons... but he has toned it down! He does still put up a respectable number of hits (50-70 a year) compared to the Kessel's of the league (10-13 a year).. but doesn't tip the scales enough to rate him over Gretz!

batman78

Aug 14, 2011
That's insane!

Gretzky brought more to his team than any other player ever. He should be rated higher.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What!? NHL 13 has skewed player overalls????? When did this happen? Why hasnt there been multiple threads about this for 3 weeks now!!!? I'm so outraged by this that I'll........still buy NHL 14 on release day

ot92s

Nov 5, 2011
What!? NHL 13 has skewed player overalls????? When did this happen? Why hasnt there been multiple threads about this for 3 weeks now!!!? I'm so outraged by this that I'll........still buy NHL 14 on release day

the game is awesome, my jaw dropped when I saw how they rated gretz though

PierreMcGuire*

It's silly, but it is what it is. Personally I think if EA is going to put Gretzky in the games his overall should always be 99.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
It kind of makes sense if you think about it this way. NHL 13 is based on the current NHL, not the NHL from 30 years ago. The game is faster and more physical now then it was 30 years ago. So based on that there is no way Gretzky from 30 years ago would be better than Crosby in the modern NHL, because he would probably get killed whenever he got the puck, even though he is a quick player he isn't physical enough.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
It's silly, but it is what it is. Personally I think if EA is going to put Gretzky in the games his overall should always be 99.
This would mean 99 everywhere right ? No way he has 99 in def. awereness, body checking, fighting and some other. The fact that Crosby has higher ratings in those categories while being only a little bit below Gretzky in offensive attributes is why he has a better overall, since every attribute matters now.

ot92s

Nov 5, 2011
It kind of makes sense if you think about it this way. NHL 13 is based on the current NHL, not the NHL from 30 years ago. The game is faster and more physical now then it was 30 years ago. So based on that there is no way Gretzky from 30 years ago would be better than Crosby in the modern NHL, because he would probably get killed whenever he got the puck, even though he is a quick player he isn't physical enough.

Well, somebody can't physically handle the modern NHL. But it isn't gretzky. "Mushbrain" Crosby on the other hand...

By the way, gretzky had above average speed, put him in today's equipment and he'd still be above average.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
If you don't like the overall, feel free to change it in the edit player menu for your offline gameplay enjoyment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad