Soo Greyhounds 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Fischhaber and Dale: thanks for the Ganly scouting report.

Well, tonight's the night that I've been waiting for....
ah, the return of The Blacklist on Global! Love that show!

Good luck to the Hounds tonight!

louis

Apr 3, 2014
I really really hope that the results are not determined by the refs- in either direction.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I really really hope that the results are not determined by the refs- in either direction.

Oh, it'll be brought up by fans. I just think the results are rarely decided by refs, in spite of many complaints it's biased. It's bad, inconsistent, no doubt, but players decide the outcome.

Good luck to both squads n enjoy the conf finals fans.

BehindSooNet

Mar 15, 2015
Hard to believe we actually have a part 3 lol

Let’s see if we can make it to Part 4 ….

The day of reckoning has finally arrived! The day when we find out if our Hounds are as good as we (and most pundits) think they are. With the exception of maybe the final game against Guelph, the Hounds have not tasted REAL playoff competition.

Erie fans are perhaps looking at this as a McDavid versus Goliath match-up. However, lest we end up like that unfortunate giant (head lopped off, for those unfamiliar with the tale), we know “Coach-Of-The-Year†Keefe will ensure the “overwhelming favourites†don’t underestimate their opponents. We know he will firmly emphasize to his charges the importance of sticking with the approach that made the Greyhounds the CHL’s number one ranked team.

As for us fans and our contribution to the play-off atmosphere: Be Proud (wear red)! Be Loud (mausoleums are for the dead)!

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Let’s see if we can make it to Part 4 ….

The day of reckoning has finally arrived! The day when we find out if our Hounds are as good as we (and most pundits) think they are. With the exception of maybe the final game against Guelph, the Hounds have not tasted REAL playoff competition.

Erie fans are perhaps looking at this as a McDavid versus Goliath match-up. However, lest we end up like that unfortunate giant (head lopped off, for those unfamiliar with the tale), we know “Coach-Of-The-Year†Keefe will ensure the “overwhelming favourites†don’t underestimate their opponents. We know he will firmly emphasize to his charges the importance of sticking with the approach that made the Greyhounds the CHL’s number one ranked team.

As for us fans and our contribution to the play-off atmosphere: Be Proud (wear red)! Be Loud (mausoleums are for the dead)!

Well said sir...or madam as the case may be! Now we can finally just talk about hockey!! LOL. Best of luck all and i hope the Hounds fans will be ready for a RED OUT tonight! Go Hounds!

mt99808

Oct 21, 2010
Is there anywhere to watch this online? Was gonna sign up for a month of hockeystreams but didn't realize it was invite only now.

DragonFly15

Apr 13, 2015
Just bought the OHL Live Stream to watch online. Why doesn't the Soo use their Shaw TV feed for the online stream? No time, replays, or graphics? Just one camera.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Can anyone tell me the Soo's line combos? Wondering how they balance out their firepower.

Insane how talented this team is

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
Well done Soo. Stay out of the box and its 4 straight maybe Erie squeaks 1 out. Mcdavid 2 back door gifts on PP. I think 5 on 5 you guys too fast and too deep.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i'll be the first hounds fan to suggest the officiating was sub par tonight. even with all the PP gifts to mcjesus et al, erie had no match for us 5 on 5.

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie
Well done Soo. Stay out of the box and its 4 straight maybe Erie squeaks 1 out. Mcdavid 2 back door gifts on PP. I think 5 on 5 you guys too fast and too deep.

I do agree with you, as we gave them 6 power plays, while we had 2, so if we can stay out of the box for the most part, then we should advance a lot easier, than we will if we keep taking penalties. Solid start with the win tonight, but we can play better and I'm sure Sheldon Keefe will correct some things for game 2. Great job guys :handclap: I wish I could say the same about my Isles, as we sure took it on the chin tonight :banghead:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Can anyone tell me the Soo's line combos? Wondering how they balance out their firepower.

Insane how talented this team is

Bunting - McCann - Tolchinsky
Moore - Guertler - Bailey
Ritchie - Dupuy - Speers
Senyshyn - Verbeek - Goetz

Keefe likes to tinker in-game, but that's what I saw tonight more or less.

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
5 on 5 the Hounds dominated tonight. I thought McDavid floated out there a lot tonight 5 on 5 and barely came back on the back check at all. The reffing was horrid tonight to say the least seamed like the refs were letting lots of stuff go against Erie but quick to call stuf on the Hounds. Was really surprised Halverson didn't get a star he was in the zone tonight and made numerous big saves in key situations. The only chance he had on any of the goals was that rocket that McDavid roofed on him which was a beauty. I expect Erie to come harder tomorrow night. Relying on McDavid and the power play to win isn't going to win a best of 7. Ritchie was amazing out there Erie defenders were shying away when they heard the train coming. He had lots of jump tonight and was flying out there. Gabe Guertler and Moore were huge tonight. I don't think Guertler lost more then 2 face offs and him and Moore worked there butts off. Can't wait for game 2 tomorrow night. Go Hounds Go!!!!

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
5 on 5 the Hounds dominated tonight.

Was really surprised Halverson didn't get a star he was in the zone tonight and made numerous big saves in key situations.

Gabe Guertler and Moore were huge tonight.

Can't wait for game 2 tomorrow night. Go Hounds Go!!!!

Exactly my thoughts as well.

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
What a night!!! Hounds win 6-3! The joint was rocking! Total sales for the 50/50 were over $13, 000!! And there was an on-ice proposal during the second intermission....she said yes!:handclap:

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
i'll be the first hounds fan to suggest the officiating was sub par tonight. even with all the PP gifts to mcjesus et al, erie had no match for us 5 on 5.

I'm curious please help me with this...does the league have a head of officials? If so do they also review game film and grade the officials? Do they go over things point by point as a learning tool and help them with placement on the ice and other suggestions while also grading them on their performance. If so do they also give them assignments based on their performance like the NHL or NFL?

The problem i see is there is NO accountability. If someone's continually bad how can you give them assignments which mean so much to the teams involved. Mr. Branch wants this league to be held to a professional standard since it really is a big business...not NHL money wise but still ALOT!!

Any ex-NHL official should be hired immediately to run the officials like a they do the NHL ones....and if you tell me that all this is actually in place then something is SEVERELY is wrong here because EVERY team in this league finds the officiating very sub-standard!!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I'm curious please help me with this...does the league have a head of officials? If so do they also review game film and grade the officials? Do they go over things point by point as a learning tool and help them with placement on the ice and other suggestions while also grading them on their performance. If so do they also give them assignments based on their performance like the NHL or NFL?

The problem i see is there is NO accountability. If someone's continually bad how can you give them assignments which mean so much to the teams involved. Mr. Branch wants this league to be held to a professional standard since it really is a big business...not NHL money wise but still ALOT!!

Any ex-NHL official should be hired immediately to run the officials like a they do the NHL ones....and if you tell me that all this is actually in place then something is SEVERELY is wrong here because EVERY team in this league finds the officiating very sub-standard!!

Yes they do, but the officiating is consistently substandard when compared to NCAA, so I doubt there is any sort of significant review process. There might be some sort of way to reward officials with playoff games, but I'd guess it is based on seniority and not performance. It's amateur sports with amateur officiating, but if NCAA can do such a good job, then we should have the budget to do the same.

tiggs

Jul 1, 2012
sault ste marie onta
We're to Deeeeeeeep

They won't beat us five on five, they know it. Even if they get one ,they ain't getting four, even when Erie got help from refs, we still calm down and played four lines against, what seem to be tired bunch. All in all Goodbye Erie ,that ain't being over confident it's just hockey sense.:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad