Movies: Sony's Spider-Man Universe

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
OK so we know there is a Kraven the Hunter movie in the works for January 23, 2023. Rumor is that had the idea of the multiverse movie that No War Home was in the end, he would have appeared in it instead. Some argue he did as one of the silhouettes after the Goblin destroys Dr.Strange's device holding the spell was Kraaven. Right now they have JC Chandor listed as director and Quicksilver himself Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Kraven which would be weird.

Then there is animated Spider-Man: Across the Spider verse 1&2 (October 7 2022 & TBD)

Sinister Six (TBD) Supposedly the script is done and they are waiting for an opening in director Drew Goddard's schedule for him to direct it - he also wrote it. Belied out there is that we would see the return of the No Way Home group in this one.

Venom 3 (TBD) Serkis has shown interest at returning to direct the 3rd movie. Rumor also says that this would include some of the multiverse based on what Venom and Eddy have experienced so far.

Madame Web (TBD) This is really early in the works but makes since with Spider-Man Spider verse movie and the MCU also have the multiverse.

Olivia Wilde helmed Spider-movie - She confirmed on twitter a while back she was working on one to direct and probably star as Jessica Drew's Spider-Woman.

One of the more out there rumors I heard is that Tobey Maguire would return to make the 4th movie that was supposed to happen but was shelved in 2011. Sam Raimi supposedly added a number of cameos in reshoots for Dr.Strange 2 with this in mind including Maguire showing up again. The current idea would be Sony making this 4th movie in the style of Into the Spider-Verse.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I don’t think Tobey’s Spider-Man will get any more movies, but Andrew’s Spider-Man would fit perfectly with the current venom.

Reactions: Supermassive

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
After seeing Madame Web I have no clue how they’re going to make an interesting and coherent narrative out of this. Maybe Venom 3 and Kraven will have actual substance but what’s here so far is pretty bleak.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Seems like they’re just throwing movies out there to keep the rights as leverage over Marvel
Yeah it sucks because I do think there is some potential if they put effort into this, it could be a campy/memey throwback to the early 2000s with likeable characters and I think that most of the main characters in all of these films like Tom Hardy as Venom and the 3 Spider-Women in Madame Web are well cast for their roles but the current product is just such a lousy and insulting piece of filmmaking that it's really tough to give a shit. And they seem to be getting worse and worse as time goes on

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
I don’t think Tobey’s Spider-Man will get any more movies, but Andrew’s Spider-Man would fit perfectly with the current venom.
they would need to toss a lot of money and lasagna at Garfield get him to star in another solo movie. He is an in demand actor. I just wish they would move off of spidey being stuck in high school. It makes up like 10% of the comics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad