Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Has anyone had this issue?

I have a PS4 pro that I bought back in late 2017. For the fifth time in the last three months after turning the PS4 off properly, when I go to start it up it acts as if I just pulled the cord out of the wall and goes through a system storage check. Then it proceeds to give me the message that the PS4 was not turned off properly.
Is it possible that in those circumstances you've had power outages at your house (even quick <1s on/off outages)? I have the same issue with mine, and they line up with when my power gets interrupted (I work for the Hydro company, so I was able to check when the outages occurred). Depending on where you live they can be pretty frequent.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Is it possible that in those circumstances you've had power outages at your house (even quick <1s on/off outages)? I have the same issue with mine, and they line up with when my power gets interrupted (I work for the Hydro company, so I was able to check when the outages occurred). Depending on where you live they can be pretty frequent.
You know, I never thought of that. My neighborhood is all new construction so there is constant work being done and its absolutely a possibility.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

Yea those Brown outs can be devastating too. My first PS3 got a surge during a brownout that blew it's PSU.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Concerning to see Jim Ryan continue to rise up the ranks.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
PlayStation Now’s selection as of today....WOW! I’ve had this for years and it’s a great service. It got WAY better today at $10/month.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Concerning to see Jim Ryan continue to rise up the ranks.

Reports of vicious inner power struggles are concerning. Those seldom end well for the business and tend to drive away talent.

Will be good to see Sony fall down a peg or two, could be a great opportunity for Microsoft to make a big splash with the Scarlett.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
For those interested in PS Now, just be aware that even being right next to my router, my PS4 gets just barely 30 Mbps over wifi while it gets around 100 Mbps over Ethernet, it makes a big difference if you're interested in playing the streamed games

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm not the biggest fan of naughty dogs cover shooting (haven't played last of Us one) but the combat (however scripted) in the gameplay trailer looks super good.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
**** yes. Thanks for the confirmation!
There is also this that is a good read as well with interesting tidbits.
Exclusive: A Deeper Look at the PlayStation 5—Haptics, UI Facelift, and More

"Sony is changing its approach to storage, making for a more configurable installation—and removal—process. "Rather than treating games like a big block of data," Cerny says, "we're allowing finer-grained access to the data." That could mean the ability to install just a game's multiplayer campaign, leaving the single-player campaign for another time, or just installing the whole thing and then deleting the single-player campaign once you've finished it."

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
That's pretty damn cool. Honestly, the fact that the controller will have a larger battery, now that is awesome. Now let me turn off the speaker and the light bar :).

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I fully expect some announcements of Sony first party titles that'll come to both systems, like a Horizon Zero Dawn 2 or God of War 2, when they show off the thing for the first time. I'm guessing it'll have two SKUs with size of hard drive being the only difference. I'll go 399 for a 2TB and 499 for a 5TB.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I doubt we'll see price before we even see the thing. Also, I thought PS4 backwards capability was confirmed a long time ago?
I know it's been talked about, wasn't sure if it was official. Lots of rumours tend to get thrown around about new consoles.

I remember the days when the NX was rumoured to be the most powerful console ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad