Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Trying to decide where to buy Borderlands 3. Does PS4 allow pre-loading of games prior to release?

I havent cared for a new game enough to be bothered with preloading before.

Sep 19, 2008
Is a Pro really worth it

I have a PS4 but a 4k tv so I have been thinking of trading the ps4 in for a PS4 Pro to utilize 4k functionality

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Is a Pro really worth it

I have a PS4 but a 4k tv so I have been thinking of trading the ps4 in for a PS4 Pro to utilize 4k functionality
How big is your tv. If it's in the 65 inch range I would say there's a benefit. Below that, I'm not sure.

That said, it is a hassle to buy a new one and get rid of the old one, that's why I'm keeping mine even with a 65 inch samsung

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
How big is your tv. If it's in the 65 inch range I would say there's a benefit. Below that, I'm not sure.

That said, it is a hassle to buy a new one and get rid of the old one, that's why I'm keeping mine even with a 65 inch samsung
it's 65 inch

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Is a Pro really worth it

I have a similar setup, but unlike what MS did with the XboneX, I don't like what Sony did with the PS4 Pro; it's just lamer, since they didn't also include the UHD bluray player.

The regular PS4 can do HDR FWIW, and I find that more of a benefit that I do 4k, Blurays included (I also have a Sony ubp-x800). But since you have a bigger TV than I do (mine is 50"), it may be more noticeable.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Still gonna buy Day 1 :).

Sounds pretty damn amazing. If they are doing 8K and it's all high end stuff, I'm betting it's going to be at least twice as powerful as the Xbox One X. Can't ****ing wait :).
It comes down to the games for me. The tech is impressive but they need to make something compelling with it.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'm sure a lot of stuff for the next two years will be done in tandem with both the PS4 and PS5. So something like Days Gone will more than likely get a PS5 version as well and it seems that also Death Stranding will get a PS5 version at release and the fact that everything PS4 is BC makes it worth it on its own. It makes sure that no one from the last gen gets left in the dust. There are a ton of games I would still be playing on that system. Either way, day one for me.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I'm sure a lot of stuff for the next two years will be done in tandem with both the PS4 and PS5. So something like Days Gone will more than likely get a PS5 version as well and it seems that also Death Stranding will get a PS5 version at release and the fact that everything PS4 is BC makes it worth it on its own. It makes sure that no one from the last gen gets left in the dust. There are a ton of games I would still be playing on that system. Either way, day one for me.

Is it actually confirmed that Death Stranding is a PS4 game at all?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If the PS5 is backwards compatible then "versions" of anything seems pointless.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
With the way microsoft is doing play anywhere, having a separate ps4 and ps5 purchase tied to say Death Stranding would be the equivalent or close to the gamesharing fiasco that microsoft stepped into this gen.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Anyone else thinking Sony either lowers the price of the base model to compete with the 250 Xbox One SKU coming out, or comes out with a digital only console also?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
If the PS5 is backwards compatible then "versions" of anything seems pointless.

Ideally, yes.

I mean, aside from a (likely digital download) feature that lets you switch between PS4 and PS5-level graphics and/or features...

Then again, I wouldn't put it past anyone to sell two distinct versions of the game just for that sweet, sweet "we confused grandma" money.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
AC Origins is 15 bucks at the PS store so I pulled the trigger, haven't played an AC game since III so I'm ready to get my sneak on once I finish God of War.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad