Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Just ordered a ps4 slim 500gb uncharted bundle off amazon for 189 from a top seller. Had a 50 dollar gift card to so ended up being 139

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
By the way if you're a stickler for framerate do not buy just cause 3. Talking dips down into the 10s if not lower. Even if you're not obsessed with framerate it's distracting.

It's a good free game but the performance issues we're too much for me to overlook as even a discount buy

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
The defiled chalice dungeon is cruel and unusual. I found that bloodtinge cheesing is a pretty good strategy for the Watchdog though.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Figured this would be a good place to ask this question. After a 4 year hiatus for school, I am ready to get into video games again.

I would rather get a PS4 because I love MLB the show but my friends all have an Xbox and I would like to be able to play with them online. Is there much difference between the 2 systems? Which games are exclusive to each brand and "must haves"?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Figured this would be a good place to ask this question. After a 4 year hiatus for school, I am ready to get into video games again.

I would rather get a PS4 because I love MLB the show but my friends all have an Xbox and I would like to be able to play with them online. Is there much difference between the 2 systems? Which games are exclusive to each brand and "must haves"?

Mileage will vary depending on how many types of games you're interested in. Non-negotiable at this point to say that the PS4 library wrt either purely exclusive or console exclusive games is bigger and better, but it's also worth considering that the quality is generally spread out over a large number of genres, some of which may or may not interest you.

Xbox's exclusive library is slim by comparison and still consists almost entirely of the standard Xbox exclusives of yore in Halo, Gears of War, and Forza.

Generally speaking, if you play/want to play a lot of different games, PS4 in a landslide. If you're the type who can survive annually on Call of Duty/NHL/Madden with your friends then the difference probably isn't as large.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
September PS+ line-up:

- Child of Light (PS4)
- inFamous Second Son (PS4)
- We Are Doomed (PS4, PS Vita)
- Hatoful Boyfriend (PS4, PS Vita)
- RIGS Mechanized Combat League (PSVR)
- Truck Racer (PS3)
- Handball 2016 (PS3)

I knew inFamous SS would end up on IGC eventually.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Infamous has got solid gameplay but the design of other stuff is pretty awful. There's an entire storyline in the game you need to sign up for an online account to play and there's a ton of QuickTime events where you have to use the touchpad for (which I actually got stuck on later in the game because it was buggy, only got past it by fluke)

But again pretty good game, average story.

Oh and also I had a real problem with the sun and lighting effects in the game. They get really busy to the point where they constantly make it hard to see what's going on.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Dead Rising 4 coming to PS4 at the end of the year. Did not realizes it was only a timed exclusive.

Was actually interested in this game, I loved the original but haven't. Picked it up since.

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Anyone else played Absolver?

Kung fu Dark Souls basically.

Am really enjoying it so far, the combat system and way you learn moves over time by defending against them is really fun

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
So im new to PS4, if i want to purchase COD WW2 on Amazon, it says it's for digital code, is digital code essentially something they email me and i enter it into my ps4?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So im new to PS4, if i want to purchase COD WW2 on Amazon, it says it's for digital code, is digital code essentially something they email me and i enter it into my ps4?

I've never ordered a digital game off Amazon, but I would imagine they'd email you a code and you'd have to enter that code in the "redeem codes" menu in the Playstation Store. I don't know how else they'd do it.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I have a 4K HDR tv. The One S is awesome on it. I have a PS4 but not pro.

I have some stuff I can trade in and I am thinking about getting the PS4 Pro Destiny bundle (which comes with all the DLC and what-not the $99 version of Destiny 2).

I was holding out for the PC version of Destiny 2 but this seems like a decent deal. I still would have to spend $200+ to "upgrade" to the PS4 Pro and get the Destiny game...

Is the PS4 Pro THAT much better on 4k HDR tv? I know a lot of the technical jargon, I just want to hear from users who have upgraded now that it's been out for a while.

Thanks!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Just watch this video at 4k and decide from yourself. YouTube compression shouldn't be too much of a factor since they allow a higher bitrate for 4k 60, should give you a good idea

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Thanks for the video. I think it just muddied the waters for me lol. I am not so concerned about Destiny itself, just kind of a nice deal with that bundle. "sawtooth" edges and artifacts of particles don't really concern me really.... hmm...

EDIT: I caved and bought the Destiny 2 Pro PS4 Bundle. Now I'm broke lol. Won't be able to set it up till this evening.

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The white Destiny bundle is smexy as all get out! I think I am in love! Wow it's a lot bigger than the PS4 slim. Didn't expect it to be that big. I think it's bigger than my Xbox One S as well. It's definitely deeper.

Horizon looks amazing on it!

Destiny 2 had a 6GB patch I had to download first which made me angry but it comes with the $99 version so hopefully I like it enough to enjoy the season pass and exclusive legendary weapons and such. I was not the biggest Destiny fan but I will give this one a fair shot.

Already though, I enjoyed the beta so much more on PC than I have on console. Maybe it will grow on me though.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I have a 4K HDR tv. The One S is awesome on it. I have a PS4 but not pro.

I have some stuff I can trade in and I am thinking about getting the PS4 Pro Destiny bundle (which comes with all the DLC and what-not the $99 version of Destiny 2).

I was holding out for the PC version of Destiny 2 but this seems like a decent deal. I still would have to spend $200+ to "upgrade" to the PS4 Pro and get the Destiny game...

Is the PS4 Pro THAT much better on 4k HDR tv? I know a lot of the technical jargon, I just want to hear from users who have upgraded now that it's been out for a while.

Thanks!

I mean, I can definitely tell a difference, but I don't know if I'd say it's worth the upgrade cost unless your current PS4 is having problems (how I justified my upgrade) and/or you're obsessive about stuff like this/the money isn't a concern.

I wasn't a fan of the concept of these half-step console upgrades, and after a few months with a Pro and a 4K HDR TV my stance really hasn't changed much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad