Signing(s): Sonny Gray signs with the Cardinals (3 years, $75 million)

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I still don’t like their rotation at all but this should help stabilize. Sonny is from Nashville so STL is pretty close to home.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This more or less puts our rotation where it was at the start of 2023, with a bit of an upgrade. Essentially Gray replaces Montgomery. Mikolas and Matz remain. Gibson and Lynn replace Wainwright and Flaherty.

Now is the point when improvements start, if they are going to happen. Need some sort of trade or Yamamoto.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Wow...another potential Braves target off the board. Snell is pretty amped right now.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Don't hate it but it doesn't move the needle a ton if you ask me.

If twitter is to be believed they're still in on Yamamoto and the trade market though.

STL seems to be a distant 5 in the Yam conversation and I can't ever recall them landing a big fish Asian player but you never know. If they want to compete they should be hitting the trade market in a big way.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
STL seems to be a distant 5 in the Yam conversation and I can't ever recall them landing a big fish Asian player but you never know. If they want to compete they should be hitting the trade market in a big way.
Nootbaar is the main reason why we'll be competitive in the race.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well sure, I like Nootbaar a lot but the pitching concerns me quite a bit.
What I mean is, Nootbaar and Yamamoto are close friends, so that connection is why we'll be competitive in the race for Yamamoto.

I agree, we need another #1 or #2 to compete for the playoffs

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
What I mean is, Nootbaar and Yamamoto are close friends, so that connection is why we'll be competitive in the race for Yamamoto.

I agree, we need another #1 or #2 to compete for the playoffs
Oh my bad. Didn't realize that. If it means Yam doesn't go to NY/BOS then sign me up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad