Sonic The Hedgehog 30th anniversary

sonic92

Mar 5, 2020
Peace River, AB

It was 30 years ago today (June 23, 1991) that Sonic the Hedgehog came out for the Sega Genesis. As you can probably tell by my username, it's my favourite video game series. Granted with me, the first game I played was Sonic 2, and I consider Sonic 3 & Knuckles to be my all time favourite video game, but I find Sonic 1 to be an alright game to go back to.

What are some of your memories with the series?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I was a huge Sonic fan as a kid (maybe too huge), and I still love all the classic games. ...Anything pre-Heroes, really.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I loved the Sonic series and read the Sonic comic books that were around back in the day.

I agree that Sonic 3 was the best. I also loved to play Dr Robotnik's mean bean machine.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Sonic 2 and Sonic CD were my two favorites.

The last Sonic game I played was that unplayable one on the XBox 360, which I still maintain has one of the worst cameras in video game history.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I was never really big on Sonic, but I always REALLY loved Sonic Spinball for the Sega Genesis. Underrated classic game!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
For some reason I keep forgetting to post this but Sonic mania is free on Epic, one of the best 2d Sonic games, I recommend it. Last day to claim it.

Also, if you have a decent way to play on your android with a controller, Sonic 1, 2, and CD have flawless widescreen 60 fps remasters on Android for $2 ad free. A lot of people don't know about them but they're the best version of the games. I blew $100 on a razer Kishi and I'm slightly less salty about wasting my money cause they worked great with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad