Music: Songs You Love by Artists You Dislike

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I've been mulling this over a while, and I could only come up with two examples because I almost invariably don't like any songs by artists who I dislike. However, I really like Tie Your Mother Down by Queen. I don't hate Queen; I just find there music pompous and bloated, and can't think of another song I like by them. And I like both I Can't Tell You Why and Best of My Love by The Eagles, a band I normally waste no time on. Good hurtin' songs, those.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Certainly not a fan of Christopher Cross and the kind of music he represents (yacht rock?), but can't help liking this one (even Michael McDonald doesn't spoil it!). Apparently, it was also dedicated to, or inpired by Lowell George or something, which is always a plus for me.

This might be just ignorance, since I've never bothered to investigate them, but I hate "You Sexy Thing" and the ballad I've heard from them (don't know the name) doesn't do anything for me either. This is cool, though; the riff reminds me of Led Zeppelin's "Out on the Tiles" somehow.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad