songs for special needs or disabled children/teenagers

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
hi. My daughter is 9 years old and has cerebral palsy and I would like to know if there are some good rock or punk songs about kids or teenagers who are in a similar situation. All I found were that are waaaay to slow for my type and look like they've come from some association. That's not what I'm looking for. Just some hard songs about this subject. Thanks

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It doesn't sound like what you're after, but the only song for disabled kids that I can think of is the one that Avril Lavigne wrote and performed for the Special Olympics several years ago:

Last edited:

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Thanks. Thats better than what i've found and my daughter likes avril lavigne, so its gonna work. Thanks a lot.

Still looking for something more to my taste.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Lots of Gary Numan songs touch on his autism, including his biggest hits. In the same vein, Ladyhawke covers similar themes from a woman's perspective of the same disorder.

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
hi. My daughter is 9 years old and has cerebral palsy and I would like to know if there are some good rock or punk songs about kids or teenagers who are in a similar situation. All I found were that are waaaay to slow for my type and look like they've come from some association. That's not what I'm looking for. Just some hard songs about this subject. Thanks

Neil Young's son was born with severe cerebral palsy. His son is a quadriplegic and is non-verbal so Neil wrote "Transformer Man" for him. That song doesn't meet your criteria above since it is too slow but the entire album "Trans" was influenced by his son.

Perhaps you can find something in that album that meets what you are looking for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad