Songs at the ACC

cloak

Dec 30, 2011
ACC music during leaf games is absolutely terrible, made worse by the fact that they literally play the same things every game, and chronologically i might add.

30Rinks

Go To A Leafs Game @
Mar 27, 2010
Toronto
www.30rinks.ca
The music is much different - way more "pop". Boston was playing like death metal, system of a down, even pantera type stuff. I don't know the specific song, but basically take any top 40 stuff and thats what you'll get.

Best song is when they play "sexy and I know it" and the camera goes to phil looking awkward and bozak laughing at him ahahhaha

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
The music is much different - way more "pop". Boston was playing like death metal, system of a down, even pantera type stuff. I don't know the specific song, but basically take any top 40 stuff and thats what you'll get.

Best song is when they play "sexy and I know it" and the camera goes to phil looking awkward and bozak laughing at him ahahhaha

I am all for the metal!!! Don't get me started on pop garbage, Poni should have taken that **** with him. And btw... am I the only one who is embarassed of that sorry-arse song they play after we score. That is sssoooooooo forking lame it is nauseating!!!

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
The music they play during the pre-game warm-up is horrible.

Dutch77

Predictable..
Jun 24, 2008
MSG played Madhouse by Anthrax the other night. We have some hipster jingle for our goal song. Its pro sports: testosterone, pugnacity, truculance? We don't need club music at the rink.

cloak

Dec 30, 2011
I am all for the metal!!! Don't get me started on pop garbage, Poni should have taken that **** with him. And btw... am I the only one who is embarassed of that sorry-arse song they play after we score. That is sssoooooooo forking lame it is nauseating!!!

ya, that country jangle after we win is also really embarrassing.

30Rinks

Go To A Leafs Game @
Mar 27, 2010
Toronto
www.30rinks.ca

The problem with music is you'll never please everyone - the whole goal is to not piss off the most people. It was weird seeing the guy in front of me headbang and rock to chop suey while spilling his beer everywhere, even though I don't mind the music, lol.

Pop stuff is just easy, typically gets the girls into it (and therefore the screams) and doesn't piss off the older people.

As for goal song, I don't mind it when everyone is singing it, I get that they are trying to get the united centre vibe but it doesn't come close. I really, really, really miss zombie nation - I just associate that with us scoring (and it's boston's song too, haha)

cloak

Dec 30, 2011
imo, pop music is fine it's the generic top 40 rock and everything else that gets annoying. but that's just me.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I don't know about other buildings but the ACC has a lot of young kids in attendance. I actually find it quite surprising how many kids I see all around the arena. With ticket prices, it amazes me that so many people have the money to make a Leafs game a family event. Perhaps the ACC music takes into account promoting a family atmosphere (or as close to one as you can get a hockey beer where you have passionate fans who are consuming alcohol). All I know is that when the music is blasting and I'm looking around, it's quite easy to see all of the kids dancing in their seats.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The problem with music is you'll never please everyone - the whole goal is to not piss off the most people. It was weird seeing the guy in front of me headbang and rock to chop suey while spilling his beer everywhere, even though I don't mind the music, lol.

Pop stuff is just easy, typically gets the girls into it (and therefore the screams) and doesn't piss off the older people.

As for goal song, I don't mind it when everyone is singing it, I get that they are trying to get the united centre vibe but it doesn't come close. I really, really, really miss zombie nation - I just associate that with us scoring (and it's boston's song too, haha)

A lot of what you say is true, although there is a middle ground between pop and metal that they should be trying to target. I think if they stuck with classic rock and Canadiana-type stuff (The Hip, etc.) they would please most people. I think that type of stuff goes hand in hand with hockey/Canadian culture.

mulebreath

Jan 24, 2011
It's impossible to please everybody, that's why you have to go with the classics.

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
ACC music during leaf games is absolutely terrible, made worse by the fact that they literally play the same things every game, and chronologically i might add.

This. It's pathetic, and boring, and ******. And our goal song is horrific. :cry:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The best thing they used to play there was "Heave Away" at the end of wins, but they've gotten rid of that too.

Still don't like the new goal song

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
A lot of what you say is true, although there is a middle ground between pop and metal that they should be trying to target. I think if they stuck with classic rock and Canadiana-type stuff (The Hip, etc.) they would please most people. I think that type of stuff goes hand in hand with hockey/Canadian culture.

All April Wine and Steppenwolf would make for a nice theme night. Doesn't really appeal to the youngsters but drum and guitar is all you really need.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
People actually pay attention to music at a hockey game? It's just random noise to me that goes in one ear and out the other.

Avec Fromage*

The thing that irks me the most is changing the home win song from Heave Away to the current goal song.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

IceCaps

Sep 24, 2010
St. John's, NL
Like the new goal song, zombie nation was just too old

Missing heave away a lot, but that's just the Newfie in me i'm sure.

What is the sound clip they play before every leaf penalty. You'd think I would know it by now with all the penalties this season.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
heave away is terrible

GaspHand.png

Nyax

Oct 2, 2008
Parts Unknown
They need to steal the organ and organ player from the United Center. That along with classic rock with some modern rock and metal mixed in, is what is needed.:yo: Leave the techno for the clubs and the pop music for females to play in their Ipods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad