Sometimes we have the worst fans in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebo*

When's that ever happened in this league - a non team member hoisting the cup - ever?

Raising the cup is earned, fortunately, and no one knows that better than Saku.

Mynameismark*

Yeah, because no other teams fans would give their captain a standing O after battling back from cancer.

That's just a nice moment. Doesn't have to be used to gauge a fanbases stature.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
One thing is sure....being the best fans in the world was and is always a great myth we love to talk about. Joins the number of myths that are going on as we speak. Some insecure people though have no choice in thinking that we might be the best as we actually have nothing else to cheer for. We are not a bad crowd, clearly not the best either. And we do have terrible fans....though this is not only reserved to Montreal...everybody has them. Those fans appear more terrible 'cause we are more present and more vocal.

I do love those how we love to say how the Bell Centre is always full....yep.....'cause we don't have any stadium to fill on a regular basis. We are already deserting the CFL.....and not incredibly behind our soccer team either....thank god we don't have a basketball, NFL football or baseball teams to dissapoint either....Pretty laughable to think that this "sport" crowd would be behind a baseball team all year long, every year, based on the fact that we supported 2 freakin games last year.

Though it's not all bad......this crowd knows their sport. I loved when everybody was on Nugent-Hopkins back when he grabbed that puck....I don't think anywhere else in the league would have been that vocal about it...pretty sure some places would not have even noticed.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Nah, he was referring to the peeps who endlessly bash them without ever giving them credit where it's due. But you knew that already.

I'd say a fan that wants to improve a weakness (5'6 top line C) is a good fan... but that's just me.

As for the OP, great moment in recent history. Saku was a hero and I'll never forget his best moments here. It's a shame he had to captain such a horrible team for the longest time. And right when the franchise was turning around, they let him go.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Nah, he was referring to the peeps who endlessly bash them without ever giving them credit where it's due. But you knew that already.

Like most things on this site though, it goes both ways. I've noticed that the worst type of posters are those that don't recognize this.

Analyzer*

The worst one are rare anyway.. Here, they hang in the Desharnais and the Therrien threads..

Trade thread, too.

Almost all of those ones are terrible.

That was a great day. Same with his special night against Anaheim. His return and retirement.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

As with anything, there are grey areas.

The fact some people are so camped on their position against DD and Therrien is only to counter balance the incredible, mindless, blatant bias from most mainstream medias in the province.

Taking thinly veiled shots at a specific poster (a good one at that) because he doesn't share you views isn't only cheap, but is ignorant as well.

On topic, no, Koivu doesn't deserve to lift to cup assuming we'd win it this season. You have to earn those things.

Pricef*

Very true. I don't mind the criticisms towards them myself heck I criticise then a lot myself but I at least give them credit when its due and THAT is the difference. It's sad really, makes this place somewhat of a joke. Just check out our rep around HF in general.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Poor saku. Held this team together during worst years. Really depressing years for Habs fans.

Couldn't even tank properly.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Can we have one thread not dedicated to Therrien/DD please.

Saku is still my favorite all-time player, was also a huge Mats Naslund fan, I wish Gainey would have done Saku right, but it's over, saku will always be one of favorite players and people. Pure class, who had the misfortune of playing for the habs during possibly their weakest span in history, largely for no fault of his own, but terribad management.

Wish he never left us.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Poor saku. Held this team together during worst years. Really depressing years for Habs fans.

Couldn't even tank properly.

Kovalchuk instead of Komisarek would have been nice, but I bet we would have drafted Alexander Svitov.

(looking at back at that draft - wow wouldn't it have been awesome to draft Mikko Koivu instead of Komisarek? Minnesota Wild :shakehead )

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Thinking about Koivu both saddens and angers me. Just automatically reminds me of years of suckage by the rest of the team all the way to the bitter end when Gainey pulled a Gainey. Koivu deserved better.

At least it ended on a positive note for him in Anaheim.

Kovalchuk instead of Komisarek would have been nice, but I bet we would have drafted Alexander Svitov.

(looking at back at that draft - wow wouldn't it have been awesome to draft Mikko Koivu instead of Komisarek? Minnesota Wild )

Both Koivus always said they didn't want to play together. Not sure what their reasoning was but ...

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal

Exact.. A team in first place with such talent groing.. You give it time and ****..

Nha.. They prefer doom and gloom ztuff..

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Bash them and not give them credit or recognize a weakness and work to improve it?

Who is the better fan? The one who cares more about the name on the back of the jersey or the name on the front? The one who wants to see success or the one who accepts and defends failure?

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd say a fan that wants to improve a weakness (5'6 top line C) is a good fan... but that's just me.

As for the OP, great moment in recent history. Saku was a hero and I'll never forget his best moments here. It's a shame he had to captain such a horrible team for the longest time. And right when the franchise was turning around, they let him go.

Hypocrites are the worst of the bunch.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Bash them and not give them credit or recognize a weakness and work to improve it?

Who is the better fan? The one who cares more about the name on the back of the jersey or the name on the front? The one who wants to see success or the one who accepts and defends failure?

See my post, above.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

Failure as in first in the East type failure, ECF type failure?

You are so caught up in this forum and your back and forth arguing you don't even realize you would land in the "name on the back of the jersey" camp. The people I hang with are just fans, and we are all pretty happy to have our team winning more nights than not, and trending to be a contender for the next decade. We don't worry too much about every shift and where the coach plays the assets that the manager gives him.

When someone see's your a habs fan and says "wow the Habs look great this year" do you go into a rant about Jiri Secac needing PP time, and get all down on our possession numbers?

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal

Yeah because the fans who don't endlessly cry and whine about Therrien and DD don't want the team to be improved. :shakehead

You can want the team to be improved, want DD traded or a new coach, while also simultaneously not being a whiner/crybaby and giving credit where it's due too ya know. Fact is we're a top team and DD is producing. Do I like the fact that he's our 1st line C or 5'6"? Of course not, but just because I don't spend my days whining about it and slitting my wrists doesn't make me any less of a fan or want the team to improve any less than the people who constantly do.

You are so caught up in this forum and your back and forth arguing you don't even realize you would land in the "name on the back of the jersey" camp. The people I hang with are just fans, and we are all pretty happy to have our team winning more nights than not, and trending to be a contender for the next decade. We don't worry too much about every shift and where the coach plays the assets that the manager gives him.

When someone see's your a habs fan and says "wow the Habs look great this year" do you go into a rant about Jiri Secac needing PP time, and get all down on our possession numbers?

Exactly, ironically it seems like the people who care more about the name on the back of the jersey are the haters. Sometimes I think some of you would root against us in the finals if DD was still our 1st line C just so you could say that you were right. The amount of hatred DD and Therrien get is ridiculous. I'm not saying they're perfect but it's all some posters on here care about is when MT will be fired, or when DD will be dealt. We're in 1st place, I'm not saying we'll win the cup but how about being positive for once. I never said you have to like either of them but it's like some people can't even give credit where it's due.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Theres a reason habs fans have such a bad rep.not sure why but habs fans seem to have this elitist attitude and many act like they know it all about hockey .it must have something to do with past glory because canuck fans out here dont act the same way.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011

We could win 3 stanley cups in a row and people would find a reason to whine and complain .some fans just dont wanna support. Its the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad