OT: Something wrong with my ticket to a Habs game...

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
I found this while looking through my old stuff. I had a ticket for a Pens / Habs game on November 2002.

There was a problem with my ticket...

2mbtdl.jpg

My sister thinks this is some kind of rarity and she wants to sell it on ebay and thinks we'll make thousands of dollars from it. She's literally nuts.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Half intriguing mistake and half humblebrag.

I'm on the fence really.

PS: you or your sister aren't making a dime out of this stub.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Half intriguing mistake and half humblebrag.

I'm on the fence really.

PS: you or your sister aren't making a dime out of this stub.

Lol. Actually the reason why there are holes punched in it is funny.

I was with my sister at the thingy in the bell center where they print your tickets after you show them the credit card you ordered them with.

So I got that ticket, and then I noticed it was wrong. My sister was like "keep it keep it" and I'm like "no, I have to show it to them because or else I might have trouble getting in the game because of the mistake."

So I went to the girl at the counter and I asked for a new ticket to be printed. And my sister was seeing dollar signs at that point and she asked the girl to give it back to us, and the girl was like "no, you can't have two identical tickets." My sister started screaming that she wanted that ticket back and really started a scene, and it seemed like she was going to physically try to force the ticket out of the poor girl's hands. So the girl punched two holes in the ticket and gave it to my sister.

It's been 13 years and nothing came out of it. And my sister is still crazy.

It was a nice game though. IIRC Saku Koivu scored a hat trick in it.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Lol. Actually the reason why there are holes punched in it is funny.

I was with my sister at the thingy in the bell center where they print your tickets after you show them the credit card you ordered them with.

So I got that ticket, and then I noticed it was wrong. My sister was like "keep it keep it" and I'm like "no, I have to show it to them because or else I might have trouble getting in the game because of the mistake."

So I went to the girl at the counter and I asked for a new ticket to be printed. And my sister was seeing dollar signs at that point and she asked the girl to give it back to us, and the girl was like "no, you can't have two identical tickets." My sister started screaming that she wanted that ticket back and really started a scene, and it seemed like she was going to physically try to force the ticket out of the poor girl's hands. So the girl punched two holes in the ticket and gave it to my sister.

It's been 13 years and nothing came out of it. And my sister is still crazy.

It was a nice game though. IIRC Saku Koivu scored a hat trick in it.

I'm not hating this story. That sister of yours.... I know the type.

Not so sure what she expects but I'm baffled at the idea of a wrongly printed ticket stub market. Not seeing it.

And 2002, the god mode Theo year? Good times.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I'm not hating this story. That sister of yours.... I know the type.

Not so sure what she expects but I'm baffled at the idea of a wrongly printed ticket stub market. Not seeing it.

And 2002, the god mode Theo year? Good times.

The game would have been during the following season, when Theo was crap.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
2002 was indeed good times. But this was november, so it was after Theo got his Hart and Vezina, then signed that huge 6 million + per year contract and Vachon cakes endorsement and suddenly started sucking.

And this was the summer when they changed the name from Molson Center to Bell Center.

And yes my sister is quite a character. When I'm with her she literally won't let me do anything. Like, I need to buy some milk and she's like "wait I might have a coupon!" and she looks through this super-organized coupon binder of hers and she's like "you have to buy the 2% lactantia milk with such or such brand of eggs so you can get 1$ off." I'm like "give me a break and let me go buy my milk in peace."

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Masao, will you be making any more cooking videos? Those things are hilarious.

Maybe, but I'm having trouble logging in my youtube account. They hooked it up to google + or something and I never signed up for that, and it's all complicated. I got to take a day to figure it out at some point.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Maybe, but I'm having trouble logging in my youtube account. They hooked it up to google + or something and I never signed up for that, and it's all complicated. I got to take a day to figure it out at some point.

As long as your youtube account has a gmail adress linked to it, it will also be on google+... I like google+, except that all activity (comments, uploads) is posted on the wall its also practical for other google services to be linked to it like drive.

But if you want a youtube account with google + just create a new youtube account without a gmail adress... pretty easy!

http://www.joydownload.com/how-to/make-new-youtube-account-without-google

leopod

Apr 6, 2011
Just for plain showing-off purposes...found this in my boxes a few weeks ago...do you think it would be valuable on ebay (not that I would sell it!)?

HggIgIW.jpg

edit : game #11 at the forum was THE night...this is how games were numbered...and if you're wondering, those were standing tickets...cheapest available and if you were patient enough you could get in line in front of the forum early in the afternoon and when the gates opened, run to get great standing places just behind the red section. Easy task for the teenager I was at that time.

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Just for plain showing-off purposes...found this in my boxes a few weeks ago...do you think it would be valuable on ebay (not that I would sell it!)?

I can't imagine it would sell for much honestly, especially in that condition. A collector of Habs memorabilia might give you $20-30 for it I would guess?

If you look on eBay for hockey ticket stubs, unless they're really special and in great condition, they don't sell for much. Maybe in another few decades when 1993 is even further in the past it will hold more value.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
I can't imagine it would sell for much honestly, especially in that condition. A collector of Habs memorabilia might give you $20-30 for it I would guess?

If you look on eBay for hockey ticket stubs, unless they're really special and in great condition, they don't sell for much. Maybe in another few decades when 1993 is even further in the past it will hold more value.

Hmm... I still have my ticket from game 5 vs the kings in 1993. Might that be worth something? In the reds 5 or 6 rows back of the teams benches.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
2002 was indeed good times. But this was november, so it was after Theo got his Hart and Vezina, then signed that huge 6 million + per year contract and Vachon cakes endorsement and suddenly started sucking.

This to me was the ultimate proof that eating Vachon cakes was bad for you :)

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States

HggIgIW.jpg

edit : game #11 at the forum was THE night...this is how games were numbered...and if you're wondering, those were standing tickets...cheapest available and if you were patient enough you could get in line in front of the forum early in the afternoon and when the gates opened, run to get great standing places just behind the red section. Easy task for the teenager I was at that time.

You paid $15 for a playoff ticket!:amazed:
Dammit, why do tickets have to be so expensive today.:cry:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Hmm... I still have my ticket from game 5 vs the kings in 1993. Might that be worth something? In the reds 5 or 6 rows back of the teams benches.

Probably the sort of thing that is worth more to you than what you could get for it on ebay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad