Something we might not fully appreciate....Kessel's gift

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
He's at worst the 2nd best right winger in all of hockey. The only one that might be better is Perry, and he has the benefit of playing with a dominant centre. What's so special about being "top 12", he's definitely top 20, maybe even top 15. We have an absolutely incredible player on our team, be happy about it.

Perry had one of his best seasons while Getzlaf was out for a prolonged period of time, potting 50 goals.

Perhaps Getzlaf is actually slowing him down? :sarcasm:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Not my fault you have low standards.

8th highest cap hit among all forward next year, no reason not to expect a top 12 from that.

The contract angle is bogus. He maybe be 8th highest now, but give it time for new contracts to be signed with the rising cap and Kessel will drop on that list.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I think we all appreciate that every time we see him play soft or take his time getting to a loose puck

I remember vs Dallas seeing him throw a decent hit which caused a turnover and a great chance... wish he did that more often

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Worth every penny of his contract. Simple as that.

All of his haters would be drooling over his talent, if he played for their team.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
He's at worst the 2nd best right winger in all of hockey. The only one that might be better is Perry, and he has the benefit of playing with a dominant centre. What's so special about being "top 12", he's definitely top 20, maybe even top 15. We have an absolutely incredible player on our team, be happy about it.

I'm a firm believer that in a cap world you need at the very least ,players playing up to their cap hit.

He has at the moment the projected 8th highest cap hit amoung all forwards.

I'd like to see him get into the conversation of top 10 forwards or there abouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad