Weekes: Something happening with Markstrom?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't want to trade him, he's playing fantastic.

Just dumping Wolf into the starters position when Vladar is playing horribly seems questionable. He should get a 20-30 game year first and go from there.

But like, if someone offers a first you take it.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
It would be weird if they trade him now. Given the term and cap hit left on his contract it wouldn't exactly be your textbook trade deadline deal.

But if he's one of the players to be moved hopefully the Flames get a pile of picks and prospects for him.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
As much as I’d like to see my Devils get him , I’m not sure how his 6 mil would fit moving forward . Plus I can’t see Flames taking VV in return . I am guessing VV would have to be included but I don’t see the Flames wanting him . Nor should they want him .

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He's so going to TO
Don't think it makes too much sense, Leafs are likely going with a Woll/1B tandem going forward

The limited cap space we have will be put towards fixing the defense, which Treliving has mentioned almost every press conference he's given

Reactions: Budz

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
The offer would have to be insane for Calgary to even consider this. Markstrom is proving last year was a one off and has been an absolute stud to anyone with eyes. It’d also be Calgary throwing in the towel on this roster and going full team tank for multiple years, look at the splits on these goalie stats:

Markstrom •2.66 GAA, .910
Vladar •3.42 GAA, .883
Wolf •3.46 GAA, .893

Calgary lets in almost an entire goal extra a game when Markstrom isn’t the starter. We’d also have to take back as functional goalie to do this trade to insulate Wolf and not hinder his development. The return would have to be astronomical for Calgary to consider this, and it’d be the start of a scorched earth fire sale.
I feel like it won't be the devils then. I think the pipeline is kind of soft for them right now. Not sure that they can get into a bidding war

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Canes have the cap flexibility to make it happen. It would have to be decently cheap cuz that third year with his age goes against their philosophy on goalies. Cheap is relative to other starting goalies so dont @ me that about how Calgary isnt giving him away.

Reactions: DaveG

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Hopefully finally trading his ass so Dustin can start 70 games. If this comes to nothing, it's yet another slap in the face to Dustin, who should then really push for a trade out of Calgary

No, let Vladar start most of the games so that Wolf doesn't lose his confidence playing for a soon-to-be lottery team. Give Wolf some easy games, and let Vladar be the tank commander, especially if Tanev and Hanifin are traded.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I’d be surprised if we moved him before the summer, he is a new dad (baby is probably a year old at this point) and he just got married a few weeks ago.

He has a NMC, not sure if he wants to make a move mid season.

Edit: not to mention it’s the dads trip rn, if we see a Markstrom deal it’s probably next week if anything.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The offer would have to be insane for Calgary to even consider this. Markstrom is proving last year was a one off and has been an absolute stud to anyone with eyes. It’d also be Calgary throwing in the towel on this roster and going full team tank for multiple years, look at the splits on these goalie stats:

Markstrom •2.66 GAA, .910
Vladar •3.42 GAA, .883
Wolf •3.46 GAA, .893

Calgary lets in almost an entire goal extra a game when Markstrom isn’t the starter. We’d also have to take back as functional goalie to do this trade to insulate Wolf and not hinder his development. The return would have to be astronomical for Calgary to consider this, and it’d be the start of a scorched earth fire sale.
lol pretty funny considering you were the guy that was saying Markstrom was good last year despite his stats. Cherry picking a 5 game sample when the Flames were playing like complete ass. Neglecting the fact that in the past 3 AHL seasons it looks like Dustin Wolf will have the top 3 save percentages league wide in that time period… do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Toronto would be such an interesting fit, especially if the Flames take back Samsonov, but I thought Conroy didn't want to trade with Treliving?
It's not Conroy. It's rumored Edwards won't let Conroy trade with Treliving. Not sure if it's true.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I’d be surprised if we moved him before the summer, he is a new dad (baby is probably a year old at this point) and he just got married a few weeks ago.

He has a NMC, not sure if he wants to make a move mid season.

Edit: not to mention it’s the dads trip rn, if we see a Markstrom deal it’s probably next week if anything.

If there's a time to convince your wife to move it's this week haha. f*** it's cold.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
lol pretty funny considering you were the guy that was saying Markstrom was good last year despite his stats. Cherry picking a 5 game sample when the Flames were playing like complete ass. Neglecting the fact that in the past 3 AHL seasons it looks like Dustin Wolf will have the top 3 save percentages league wide in that time period… do you ever get tired of being wrong?
He doesn't ever get tired of being wrong.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
No, let Vladar start most of the games so that Wolf doesn't lose his confidence playing for a soon-to-be lottery team. Give Wolf some easy games, and let Vladar be the tank commander, especially if Tanev and Hanifin are traded.
Wolf has flaming locks of auburn hair, ivory skin, and eyes if emerald green, his voice is soft like summer rain. He's a pure and beautiful young prince, he's my son. His time is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad