Proposal: something around Kadri and Pysyk

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The bernmeister comes in peace.

Didn't see "value of" so proposal is closest prefix.

1. Assume Girardi and Kristo + Bourque for Kadri and Ashton (who is later flipped) is something that works for a number of reasons for NY and Toronto.

2. Eventually, I think Kadri could be flipped; on his own or in a package.

3. In the past, some have said Pysyk for JT Miller was something you guys might get down with. That doesn't work because we need ELC low cap and also, need C fast enough to keep up with Hagelin, Kreider, MSL, and now, maybe Duclair. [Pysyk would be terrific in AV system, replacement for Girardi.]

4. So the question is, can Kadri (an F I expect you could use) for Pysyk be the basis of a deal, and if so, what are the pluses on both sides?

Thanks for sharing.
I will check it out tom.

best.
bernmeister

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Value-wise this works for me. However, I don't see a reason for Buffalo to do this. We will better know where we stand after the 2015 draft, until then I don't think we trade or aquire any young pieces.

You're looking at a team that could potentially have Eichel / McDavid and Sam Reinhart as future top six centers, with Grigorenko, Ennis, Girgensons, Hodgson also capable of playing center or LW. I don't see a scenario where Kadri is a need for Buffalo.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Nope no nope nopity no no. Kadri doesn't bring anything to Buffalo that we don't already get from players like Hodgson and Ennis (unless you count ineffective dangles while cutting to the middle of the ice). I really dislike the way he plays.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Value-wise this works for me. However, I don't see a reason for Buffalo to do this. We will better know where we stand after the 2015 draft, until then I don't think we trade or aquire any young pieces.

You're looking at a team that could potentially have Eichel / McDavid and Sam Reinhart as future top six centers, with Grigorenko, Ennis, Girgensons, Hodgson also capable of playing center or LW. I don't see a scenario where Kadri is a need for Buffalo.

Agree. I think long-term Pysyk fills a more-needed role than Kadri would. Even if he ends up a 3rd pairing guy with Myers/Risto/Zads/McCabe/Gorges/etc above him. he would still be incredibly useful. It's hard to see where Kadri fits with the current roster projections, especially now that Grigorenko's development appears back on track.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I do think buffalo could trade Pydyk given it's the last yr of his EZlC and given the depth he could be a bottom pairing Dman

Long term I think:

Zadorov-Ristolainen
McCabe-Myers
George's-Pysyk

If they weren't to move Myers then they likely move Pysyk ecause when it comes time for Risto, Zads, and McCabe to get contracts it's hard to justify Pysyk getting as much as he could but be a bottom pairing Dman.

That sais....buffalo has no #%^*ing interest in Kadri.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
What does Kadri do for us? It does not serve short term needs (draft) nor long term needs (FA in 15/16). Plus I think it might help the leafs, and fsck the Leafs.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I do think buffalo could trade Pydyk given it's the last yr of his EZlC and given the depth he could be a bottom pairing Dman

Long term I think:

Zadorov-Ristolainen
McCabe-Myers
George's-Pysyk

If they weren't to move Myers then they likely move Pysyk ecause when it comes time for Risto, Zads, and McCabe to get contracts it's hard to justify Pysyk getting as much as he could but be a bottom pairing Dman.

That sais....buffalo has no #%^*ing interest in Kadri.

Do you really think Pysyk is a bottom pairing? Ive always slotted him in that sweet 3/4 pairing on a good team 2/3 on a bad team.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Do you really think Pysyk is a bottom pairing? Ive always slotted him in that sweet 3/4 pairing on a good team 2/3 on a bad team.

Pysyk will probably be a top-4 calibur D-man, but Risto/Myers are going to be ahead of him on the right side, so unless he switches to the left, that pretty much pushes him into the 3rd pairing--which is certainly not a bad thing to have that kind of depth. He can add PP or PK minutes as needed as well.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

If Pysyk is a bottom pairing guy it's because we have the deepest blue line in the league. I think that's kinda what DJP is saying. There's the potential that we have 4 excellent D ahead of him. That said there's still zero rush to send him elsewhere, his not contract isn't going to be anything noteworthy and we still probably have another contract after that before he goes hunting for more toi/money/bigger role as UFA.

As to this deal, first we wouldn't be helping the Leafs in this scenario. Khadri would be a Ranger. Second, I don't see this team needing centers after this draft for a decade and any assets dealt for forwards are going to acquire top 6 2way wingers or elite scoring talent. Khadri isn't elite at scoring nor would I call him a 2way player.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
Not a fan of Kadri at all. If the Sabres are moving Pysyk or someone in that mold it would be for someone like E Kane. I am not saying Pysyk for Kane straight up, it would be a package.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Nope. Pysyk>Kadri IMO. Kadri is a limited dimension player; we have those already. Pysyk can be pretty good, very smart and happening. I love Mark. Platonically.
We don't need that trade.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Pysyk is a bottom pairing guy it's because we have the deepest blue line in the league. I think that's kinda what DJP is saying. There's the potential that we have 4 excellent D ahead of him. That said there's still zero rush to send him elsewhere, his not contract isn't going to be anything noteworthy and we still probably have another contract after that before he goes hunting for more toi/money/bigger role as UFA.

As to this deal, first we wouldn't be helping the Leafs in this scenario. Khadri would be a Ranger. Second, I don't see this team needing centers after this draft for a decade and any assets dealt for forwards are going to acquire top 6 2way wingers or elite scoring talent. Khadri isn't elite at scoring nor would I call him a 2way player.

I don't begrudge you your rivalry; didn't realize it was so intense atm.

The bold is correct. Girardi is NMorNT C whichever, and it is thought loving Leafs when he grew up, he might consider an ET and 'go home'. Therefore, it must be Girardi to Leafs, and it is my hope that we get a more moveable asset of quality for him, so I see the package as Kadri + Ashton for Girardi + Kristo + Bourque.

If a deal is to be had at all, that's gonna happen, and Sabes can't stop it.
The only ? is as to being in or out on the follow up move Kadri sweepstakes.

I appreciate all feedback so far, which is mixed but clearly leans no.

Will give it a few more days, in case anything comes to anyone's mind.
Was hoping to hear if any add ons would make a difference, but apparently not.

---------------------
With the addition of Hayes, I am pushing for him at C, now W (where we are stocked) and with an eye toward the future, moving a vet or two. Trades aside, the core of the Rangers pivots will be Hayes, Miller, Lindberg and Boo Nieves (whose spot is being kept warm by D. Moore).

What would you add with Pysyk for Brassard? Or if Brassard +, specify the +.

Thanks to all
til Mon.

GerbeSonOfGloin

May 27, 2011
Short answer is no. Long answer is...

The value is there, but the problem is that Kadri doesn't really fill a need in Buffalo going forward. We have enough generic skilled players. With Ennis, Hodgson, Moulson, and hopefully Grigorenko if he continues on his current path, we'll most likely have enough generically talented top sixers. We need proven difference makers, especially at 1C. Pysyk isn't untouchable, but until we get that 1C, I'd rather keep all our powder kegs dry and our tradable assets close to our chest - because we may need them and can't automatically assume that we'll get McEichel - rather than expending anything for a 1st/2nd line tweener.

As for Brassard, I have less interest in him than Kadri. He's not that young anymore, and Brassard is what Kadri could become if he disappoints a bit along his development trajectory. I don't mean offense to you as a Rangers fan but that's how I see it.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
As others have said, I don't think we need another center like Kadri. Ennis has similar attributes offensively. Hodgson is different in style (as dictated by skating) but is otherwise a comparable kind of player. With Ennis, Hodgson, Girgensons, Grigorenko, and Reinhart already seemingly in the mix at center at the NHL level, I don't see a fit for a player like Kadri. We could certainly use more dynamic offensive players, but I think it would have to come in a different form. Not that we have 0 use for Kadri, but we're talking about giving up a solid player we have more use for in return.

Value-wise I think it's probably pretty spot-on with what the actual NHL trade market would say, though I'd value Pysyk a bit higher even in a vacuum.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

On Buffalo he may be...on other teams no.

Buffalo has deep potential on defense. On the right side Risto and Myers are going to be ahead of him.

If he switches to the left side...I see Zadorov ahead. One of Pysyk/McCabe is forced to be a bottom pair Dman.

Pysyks UFA year is the same as Myers....one of them could walking/ traded and they long term the other.

Bottom pairing Dman can be filled by veterans willing to take a cheap contract on a great team or an ELC/bridge player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Short answer is no. Long answer is...

The value is there, but the problem is that Kadri doesn't really fill a need in Buffalo going forward. We have enough generic skilled players. With Ennis, Hodgson, Moulson, and hopefully Grigorenko if he continues on his current path, we'll most likely have enough generically talented top sixers. We need proven difference makers, especially at 1C. Pysyk isn't untouchable, but until we get that 1C, I'd rather keep all our powder kegs dry and our tradable assets close to our chest - because we may need them and can't automatically assume that we'll get McEichel - rather than expending anything for a 1st/2nd line tweener.

As for Brassard, I have less interest in him than Kadri. He's not that young anymore, and Brassard is what Kadri could become if he disappoints a bit along his development trajectory. I don't mean offense to you as a Rangers fan but that's how I see it.

No offense taken.
Brassard is a different skill set and a ballpark comparable value, so wanted to see if that was a better fit than Kadri, apparently not.

Ok, thanks, anybody has any ideas, let me know.
Appears you likely need to move a RD before next year and maybe that is Pysyk. Not sure Rangers are a match for assets we agree on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad