Someone please stop mac t

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooknshoot

Dipsy Doodle
Nov 23, 2014
Canada
My god he hates the Oilers and will clearly do anything to ensure this team is permanently in the gutter!!!!!

Here we go trading good players for picks AGAIN this year. And for what? Basically nothing!!!

The team's been bad for awhile but Mac T has ruined any progress that was being made and he's permanently beat it into submission! Since drafting Hall the Oilers winning percentage never dropped once until he became GM. It was .451 and .469 the 2 years before his arrival, then it dropped to .409 last year and .316 this year! I am terrified of what it could drop to next year!!

His 1st order of business was to utterly destroy the defense, starting with an inexplicable deal sending Smid to provincial rival Calgary for a half eaten mayonnaise sandwich. Every move since then has made the defense worse and worse.

Then he decimated the goaltending, bringing in 3rd stringers Scrivens and Fasth and he also depleted the center position by dishing off Gagner for an open bottle of screech.

Now he's targeting the wingers!!

STOP THIS MAD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
With the roster issues the Oilers have it was obvious that firstly they are finishing last this year and secondly they are years away from being competitive so it makes sense to bite the bullet and start acquiring picks.

The only problem is drafting history is questionable for the Oilers.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
My god he hates the Oilers and will clearly do anything to ensure this team is permanently in the gutter!!!!!

Here we go trading good players for picks AGAIN this year. And for what? Basically nothing!!!

The team's been bad for awhile but Mac T has ruined any progress that was being made and he's permanently beat it into submission! Since drafting Hall the Oilers winning percentage never dropped once until he became GM. It was .451 and .469 the 2 years before his arrival, then it dropped to .409 last year and .316 this year! I am terrified of what it could drop to next year!!

His 1st order of business was to utterly destroy the defense, starting with an inexplicable deal sending Smid to provincial rival Calgary for a half eaten mayonnaise sandwich. Every move since then has made the defense worse and worse.

Then he decimated the goaltending, bringing in 3rd stringers Scrivens and Fasth and he also depleted the center position by dishing off Gagner for an open bottle of screech.

Now he's targeting the wingers!!

STOP THIS MAD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bite...

How did he decimate the goaltending, exactly? We had ****** goaltending before, and ****** goaltending now.

Gagner wasn't playing well as a center anyways. Should have been playing wing. Don't get me wrong, MacT didn't make the situation any better, but Gagner wasn't a good center.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Smid for nothing?
Smid is barely a bottom pairing Dman and we ended up getting a goalie who is currently top 10 in the AHL playing his first season in that league.

We have a legit goalie prospect for the first time in years, a guy who was set to be a backup and is basically the starter on a good team.

He turned Paajarvi and a 2nd into a 1st and Klinkhammer. Paajarvi who wasn't even picked up on waivers.

Yeah he has done some ****** things but he has also done some good ones.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
i haven't watched a game in over a month, and likely won't watch another one until lowe and mact are fired

i'm the biggest oilers fan i know in real life, and this is what it has come to... think about that for a second

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
i haven't watched a game in over a month, and likely won't watch another one until lowe and mact are fired

i'm the biggest oilers fan i know in real life, and this is what it has come to... think about that for a second

The bolded doesn't support your first sentence...

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Smid would still be an upgrade over what we have now, and Broissoit may not even turn into an NHL player.

Oil80

Nov 3, 2013
Edmonton

I have been a fan my whole life and have watched every game I possibly could for the last 20 years. I even travelled to Edm (from N. AB) just for the sole reason of going to watch them.

I can honestly say that I have only watched 1 1/2 games this season and haven't missed it.

I sometimes dont even watch the highlights. I just forget about the Oilers for weeks sometimes.

I am still an Oiler fan, but I just cant wait til the Old Boys Club is gone. Kevin Lowe and Co. have ruined this franchise

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Smid would still be an upgrade over what we have now, and Broissoit may not even turn into an NHL player.

As it sits right now I make that trade every day of the week. LB is looking fantastic in the AHL and Smid looks like a friggen pylon who has been a healthy scratch this year.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

well my 30+ years of watching every game on TV, travelling to edmonton numerous times for live games, thousands of posts on this site, and *reality* would prove otherwise

over the past 10 years, i've probably missed roughly 10-12 games TOTAL... i'm not kidding either, as you might think i am, i've changed family vacations numerous times to watch games, lol

the fact that i've stopped watching games should speak volumes

edit: i was thinking about the total games missed a little more, and remembered one vacation on a cruise where i wasn't able to watch any games at all... so the total might actually be closer to 15-20, but you get the idea

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
well my 30+ years of watching every game on TV, travelling to edmonton numerous times for live games, thousands of posts on this site, and *reality* would prove otherwise

over the past 10 years, i've probably missed roughly 10-12 games TOTAL... i'm not kidding either, as you might think i am, i've changed family vacations numerous times to watch games, lol

the fact that i've stopped watching games should speak volumes

edit: i was thinking about the total games missed a little more, and remembered one vacation on a cruise where i wasn't able to watch any games at all... so the total might actually be closer to 15-20, but you get the idea

While I don't have the 30+ years that you do, I know how you are feeling. Though I still catch the games if I'm free, I don't get upset anymore if I miss it. If I can make other plans, I will likely do just that.

That said, I've been to 6 games this season. I still enjoy the game, I'm just not bothered to worry over missing anything this year.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

I legit lol'd.

To be fair, this homer fan I knew use to threatened to cut me if I criticized the Oilers in any way. He was the kind of guy who picked all Oilers players in hockey pools. Now he's completely stopped watching this year. Its taken its toll on even the most die hards.

Its hard to in-group yourself and identify with an embarrassing franchise, especially when its just a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad