Friedman: Some NHL interest in Ben Scrivens

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
Poulin has looked amazing in the Spengler and so far this Olympics when he's been called on. I think I'd give him a shot before Scrivens. Especially since Ben's had plenty of opportunity alreasa

Reactions: uncleben85

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
And he’ll be back soon.

Yeah we better hope so or we might as well kiss the Playoffs good bye, but IF HE'S OUT LONGER, I wouldn't mind picking up Scrivens for a safety net, most likely be under 1m/two way contract, Smith has been day-to-day for a week now hasn't he? When I first seen him go down and heard it was day-to-day i was expecting 4-5 days max

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Please not Edmonton, please not Edmonton, please not Edmonton.
For under a mil? Why not? Someone to push Montoya for the backup job. If both perform admirably, they're guys you can probably move mid-season as rentals. Scrivens performed admirably as an Oiler--the team was just shit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Flyers might need another body for the rest of the season.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Yeah we better hope so or we might as well kiss the Playoffs good bye, but IF HE'S OUT LONGER, I wouldn't mind picking up Scrivens for a safety net, most likely be under 1m/two way contract, Smith has been day-to-day for a week now hasn't he? When I first seen him go down and heard it was day-to-day i was expecting 4-5 days max
Why the f*** didn’t we go for Mrazek?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Why the f*** didn’t we go for Mrazek?

Give up a 3rd and 4th that are conditional throughout the next two drafts, we'd have 2 3rd/4th or 2 4ths this year in the draft, not smart drafting, if we gave up a 4th/3rd/1st conditional pick next year and a 5th or later this year I'd do it at 50%

*edit* 4th/3rd/1st pick next year depending on if we make the playoffs and MR plays 60% of the games in total becomes a 3rd, if we win the Stanley cup and he plays 60% or more games they get the 1st,*edit*

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
For under a mil? Why not? Someone to push Montoya for the backup job. If both perform admirably, they're guys you can probably move mid-season as rentals. Scrivens performed admirably as an Oiler--the team was just ****.

He really didn't, on that same team he was out out performed by Richard Bachman. Scrivens wasn't given much help but he was also just not very good.

Why not acquire him? Bakersfield will have Ellis and Wells with Starrett challenging as it is.

You can consider another goalie and move Montoya if it's a younger goalie with legit potential to be a starter but you don't sign a guy with as little potential as Scrivens with the idea that he's 90% going to end up in the AHL and take away time from prospects that need that ice time.

As far as trading him goes how are you arriving at the scenario where both he and Montoya have trade value? I can't think of a team with 2 back up goalies and they're both considered valuable. It doesn't sound very realistic and especially not for any sort of value that makes up for him taking away time from prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad