Some guy made a graph of heart rate during game 6.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Crazy but it's true. Mine was well over 90 for entire game and usually my resting heart is mid 60's. lol. Ahhh the benefits of being a Rangers fan lol

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
**** this made me nervous for real (not kidding), I am 180 plus several times per game.

If I pick up the remote to like change the volume, I can basically drop it. Has to focus on keeping my fingers still.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The final five minutes of the game, I had to go downstairs. My wife is 36 weeks pregnant and yelled at me because I kept jumping around in bed while she was sleeping. I spent the end of the game in the living room literally pacing back and forth with my hands on my head. I did about 20 fist-pumps and "**** yeah!" shouts when the final horn went.

Watching your team in elimination games is truly torturous.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The final five minutes of the game, I had to go downstairs. My wife is 36 weeks pregnant and yelled at me because I kept jumping around in bed while she was sleeping. I spent the end of the game in the living room literally pacing back and forth with my hands on my head. I did about 20 fist-pumps and "**** yeah!" shouts when the final horn went.

Haha, I can be real happy after a game but watching it is in no way fun whatsoever, not these 2-1 games at least lol. I am too old. Used to love these games. Dream of experience that nerve again. Not anymore lol.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Yeah same here my heart rate was more than when I play. lol

After that horrible penalty I had to listen in the other room and not watch, that's the first time I had ever done that.

Sometimes I want to sue this team for the abuse they put us through.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
fwiw--if i get a bad feeling it's more in the guts--my heart rate doesn't do a ****ing thing and i take medication for a triglyceride problem. well---i'm in my late 50's so it's nothing unusual and it's the only medication i take. 43 years of watching this team--not going to say i've seen it all but there's not very much that shocks or surprises me about hockey or pretty much anything else anymore and i'm conditioned to the 'wait til next year' thing. apart from 1994 that's always been the way things have turned out.

i will say that the longer the team lasts in any particular playoff year--the more you invest yourself and the harder it becomes to lose. for now most people are thinking about just--getting to the next round and that's all they worry about now. it's going to get worse if we make it to the next round and if we make it to the final then it's up on a whole different level.

people always want more. billionaires can't even stop themselves--there's some of them that would stiff a waitress on a tip. just saying. we want this. we want that. sometimes i wonder why we want anything--but we do--this is one of the things i want.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC

It is agony. My girlfriend said to me "It doesn't even seem like you enjoy this." And she's right! It's like gambling. You suffer through a few hours of mostly frustration and anger in hopes that at the end it'll payoff in a few moments of unbridled joy.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I don't know how some of you even sleep after these games. I have pulled all nighters then go to work at 7 am. So worth it after a win though. I was literally high the other night from the game. Such an amazing sport.

GeoNYR

Jan 23, 2013
This is literally me. I just wonder what the numbers actually are for me. Every time I watch a game like this and especially during the last few minutes when the Rangers are only up by one or it's tied and the other team is glued in our zone just hurling shots at the net, I tell the people I'm with to feel my chest and their reactions are always priceless since my heart is just vigorously pounding at a ridiculously fast pace.

Definitely can't be healthy, but thankfully I'm young so I think I can take it. I just worry for when I'm older lol. Wonder if that's ever actually happened to anyone, like a heart attack from a sports fan related incident.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
It's torture.

Last year my wife made me check my blood pressure / pulse a few times during the playoffs and in elimination games they go through the roof.

She thinks I'm a lunatic. If the Rangers are on the PK, I'll flip channels back and forth constantly, pace around the house, watch twitter instead of the TV (somehow bad news on twitter is less painful).

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
This was the first time in my 33 years on this earth where I felt my heart kept pacing even during stoppages and such. It was this weird consistent pacing like if I were working out even though I was sitting down on a reversed chair with my arms and chin resting on the back of the chair.

mjdlight

Jul 20, 2006
It is agony. My girlfriend said to me "It doesn't even seem like you enjoy this." And she's right! It's like gambling. You suffer through a few hours of mostly frustration and anger in hopes that at the end it'll payoff in a few moments of unbridled joy.

My girl (zero interest in sports) said to me the other night during the third period all out assault on Hank: "I thought sports were supposed to be fun. This doesn't look like fun at all..."

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Wow he has a very healthy heart rate. Mine was over 100 from the beginning. But then, my avg resting is between 85-90.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's torture.

Last year my wife made me check my blood pressure / pulse a few times during the playoffs and in elimination games they go through the roof.

She thinks I'm a lunatic. If the Rangers are on the PK, I'll flip channels back and forth constantly, pace around the house, watch twitter instead of the TV (somehow bad news on twitter is less painful).

Haha, awesome. I thought it was only me that did the channel flipping. Instead of Twitter, though, I'll pull up the GDT on my phone.

Glad I'm not alone. :)

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Haha, awesome. I thought it was only me that did the channel flipping. Instead of Twitter, though, I'll pull up the GDT on my phone.

Glad I'm not alone. :)

Haha not at all, my dad does the same thing. Flipping channels every few seconds helps manage the stress.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Hehe good find. Even though the last minutes were crazy I'm sure my heart peaked when Nash scored, literary throw my laptop up in the air.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad