Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Imagine a scenario
with no additions

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Kase-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kampf-Engvall
Spezza-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Sire where we get jt miller. He one of the best players in the world nowadays........ canucks would be stupid to give him away though. For life. He is that fantastic... does errrthang really

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

EXCELLENT.

finally, finally keefe takes the plunge, keeps the mikky-kampf-engvall line together, and sticks Kerfoot with Spezza. you could call that a 4th line but it should be higher scoring than the 3rd line.

And man, if Robertson can stick on the Tavares line then you have the possibility of a Kerfoot-Spezza-Kase line which would be fanastic depth. Though i'm guessing Kase will replace Robertson on that Tavares line when he's healthy....unless Robertson explodes.

I wonder if Robertson is a placeholder for a new addition and they send him down before he burns a year off his ELC

Reactions: zeke

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Kerfoot always looked good with Kampf and Kase when they played together. At this point Mikheyev or Engvall are the odd man out if they are planning to keep Robertson up on the Leafs. Mik didn't look that good on that 2nd line, Engvall I believe hasn't been given a shot there and Robertson should thrive with his abilities.

griffon1

Feb 14, 2018
Adrift at sea
I said before this that they should try Robber on that line. I'm not hopeful but it does need to be tried. Afterall, they don't know what will work, as shown by signing Ritchie to play there.

We need someone to spark that line, without depleting the other ones.

If this fails, it's trade time.

Clyde Brewer

Oct 15, 2021
What is everyone's opinion on splitting up Marner and Matthews?

Nylander-Matthews-Kase
Bunting- JT-Marner
Mik-Kampf-Kerfoot
Robertson-Spezza-Simmonds

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'd run these for a bit the Tavares Line needs someone to retrieve pucks currently from what I see

Engvall - JT - Nylander
Mik - Kerf - Kase
Kampf - Spezza - Simmonds

If needed you flip Kampf and Kase.

Tough to have Kase anywhere but line 3 with the other wing options and thr fact none are great on the left.

I'll be amazed if we don't add another LW option for the Tavares Line by playoffs though

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Reilly-Liljegren will be a disaster. Not even sure in what alternate universe Keefe thinks this is a viable strategy to get 2 points.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Agreed but of the 3 Kerfoot has not been the problem IMO. JT hasn't been himself/very good and Willie is doing the old Willie disappearing act.

I dont think Kerfoot has been gelling with the other two (even though on the whole he's having a good season). He's been missing a fair amount of set ups the last few games from the other guys on the line.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Simmonds is absolute garbage and does nothing.

latest

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

If that's the plan, then they need to sit Simmonds and give more than just eight minutes to Kerfoot-Spezza-Kase on the fourth line.

If they replaced Spezza on that line with Anderson or Seney it would be like having two third lines, and they could play them accordingly.

My preference would be for Anderson over Seney.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Why is it a bad idea?

I think any defender other than Brodie isn't going to make for the best fit there as a Rielly-Brodie pairing represents the only way for this team to currently have a true top pairing. I wouldn't say that doing anything else increases the likelihood of not garnering the two points on an given night to a substantial degree though.

Reactions: stickty111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad