Pre-Game Talk: Soilers vs. Lames in the battle of who gives a f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I'm planning on watching The Eternals during this game, or maybe playing Mario Party. Tough decisions.
Ya agreed. That’s where it has gotten now. Even if oilers win this game, the flames are 3-7 in their last 10. Who cares.

with that said. Gillies passed away at 67. Brutal sad. Hell of a player.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

What horse shit.

It would be so Oilers for a win after 13 or 14 (I lost track) straight losses, including getting embarrassed by OTT to be enough to save the coaches job, and then a Kane signing to make them complacent about finding actual upgrades.

This organization truly is the laughing stock of the NHL.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Look! It’s been a while since I’ve done splits moji. Last time I did these we won. I’m getting older and fatter but I’m doing this for the sake of the team in my Mastodon ranger shirt! Let’s turn this ridiculous season around
upload_2022-1-22_0-1-49.jpeg

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I dunno, I think the Oilers might win tomorrow.

Tippett can't possibly lose 14 in a row behind the bench, right?

Calgary isn't that great, and the Oilers last win was over a western opponent. They can do it again.

The thing is, the season is not at all lost yet. There is considerable reason for hope. It's too soon for everyone to throw in the towel now.

These next nine games, up to game 45 (if all are played) will tell the tale. Seven of the next 9 games are against "beatable" teams (exceptions being Washington, whom the Oilers never beat, and Vegas). One of two courses is coming in the next nine games:

Course 1) The Oilers go 5-2-2 (or better... ha!) over the nine. This puts their record at 23-18-4, which maybe puts them just into a Wild Card playoff spot or on the bubble.

Course 2) The Oilers go 2-5-2 (or worse) over the nine. This puts their record at 20-21-4 (or worse), and from that stage, with nine of the next twelve in a condensed schdule on the road (incl. Tampa, Florida, Carolina... fun!) the season's over.

I didn't really care about the Florida loss yesterday because, as ugly as it got from the third period, it was never a winnable game anyway (esp. with RNH, Hyman, Smith all out). The real deal-breaker was the loss to Ottawa, a team the Oilers completely owned last year, given the way they blew it. The thing is, they would win that game 95% of the time under any circumstances, but when you're losing everything goes wrong.

But for Course 2 to even be conceivable, the Oilers pretty much have to beat Calgary tomorrow. There is no other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce