Speculation: So who's your 2-3 assistant captains next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Alright everyone, I know we can make it through this thread without any issues. I believe in you!
1bqre6.jpg

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I would absolutely give Seider an A right now.

My default next answer was pick one of the old guys on the roster for the standard veteran leadership and the freedom to reevaluate in a year or 2... but Perron is the only guy that qualifies for that at all. Where are all the old guys?

So Perron or Copp

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
For real though....

1. Seider, easily.

2/3. Jeez, tough call with all the new faces. Perron, Copp, Chiarot all possibilities, probably at least one of them.

Bertuzzi and Hronek are out for me.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
ALTERNATE...

In any case:
- Seider because he will be a Red Wing for his entire career and will have the highest TOI
- Copp because he's buddies with D-Boss and signed for 5 years
- Perron because he signed a team friendly contract for some unknown reason, plus he'll only be around for 2 years which will allow the "A" to be passed on to Edvinsson or Kasper

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Copp is going to get a hell of an endorsement from our current C, so I imagine he’ll get one. Also think he is the forward we have under contract for the most years outside of Larkin?

Seider should get one.

Do we have to give out 3? Because I’d be fine with those two.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
As long as Seider gets an A, I'm honestly not all that interested in who else gets a letter.

They'd just be keeping it warm for Kasper for a year or two, right @OgeeOgelthorpe ? :D

Larkin - Captain
Seider - Assistant
Perron - Assistant
Copp - Assistant

Then in 3 years time Seider will be captain, Kasper, Edvinsson and Larkin will be the assistants!

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Copp is going to get a hell of an endorsement from our current C, so I imagine he’ll get one. Also think he is the forward we have under contract for the most years outside of Larkin?

Seider should get one.

Do we have to give out 3? Because I’d be fine with those two.
I don't know why I'm forgetting this, but we can only ice 3 letters in a game right? So if there are 3 A's, two guys have to share one and rotate? In that case, Seider and Copp are fine with me, but I'd also be ok with Seider rotating with Perron or someone.... Larkin shared an A (with Glendening maybe?) the first year he wore a letter.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I don't know why I'm forgetting this, but we can only ice 3 letters in a game right? So if there are 3 A's, two guys have to share one and rotate? In that case, Seider and Copp are fine with me, but I'd also be ok with Seider rotating with Perron or someone.... Larkin shared an A (with Glendening maybe?) the first year he wore a letter.

Yea it is 3 letters max per game. Can't remember if it was the Larkin/Glendening year or another one (or maybe multiple), but Wings have had years where they alternate home and road games. I think Draper and Datsyuk did it at some point as well.

Reactions: jaster

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
ALTERNATE...

In any case:
- Seider because he will be a Red Wing for his entire career and will have the highest TOI
- Copp because he's buddies with D-Boss and signed for 5 years
- Perron because he signed a team friendly contract for some unknown reason, plus he'll only be around for 2 years which will allow the "A" to be passed on to Edvinsson or Kasper
Haha. thank you for saying that so I didn't have to be that guy. Every time I see "Assistant" Captain I think...

Reactions: Holden Caufield
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad