So who wears the "A's"? Best guesses...

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I think Neal is a bit of an attitude on the ice, don't know if you him as you negotiating infractions with the ref.

Hornqvist didn't speak English that well and always just yelled at and complain to the refs. The A is really just symbolic more than anything, it isn't given to the most level-headed or the best negotiator.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
Hornqvist didn't speak English that well and always just yelled at and complain to the refs. The A is really just symbolic more than anything, it isn't given to the most level-headed or the best negotiator.

Hell, we used Legwand quite a bit for negotiations even when he wasn't wearing the A.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I've talked with Hornqvist before, his English was fine.

And talking to the refs is still a big part of being a captain or alternate, it's not just symbolic. I can promise you this, negative attitudes towards a ref hurts you, go read the Lindros rookie year thread to see proof. And it's not just about calls, it's about faceoff placements and now even influencing video reviews.

I know it's not close to the same level, but as a guy that has been a ref having a cooperative captain doesn't help you, but having one with an attitude takes away any leeway you might have had.

Refs and linesmen make mistakes, all the time.

I know half of you are going to disagree with me on this, and I'll let it go now and agree to disagree.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
We need a talker that the refs and players like............I don't really know who that is anymore? I don't like the idea of it being a new player to the team.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I can see Gaustad as an alternate. I could also see them putting one on Jones until Fisher returns.

Anyone else hear the interview with Roy where he said Gaustad sold Nashville to him? That is leadership. Helps make the team better even if it is his spot that may be on the line.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I can see Gaustad as an alternate. I could also see them putting one on Jones until Fisher returns.

Anyone else hear the interview with Roy where he said Gaustad sold Nashville to him? That is leadership. Helps make the team better even if it is his spot that may be on the line.

No, I didn't see any interview where he mentioned that. I heard his interview with Willy and his conference call and I never heard that. Where did he say it?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
No, I didn't see any interview where he mentioned that. I heard his interview with Willy and his conference call and I never heard that. Where did he say it?

He called and texted Gaus and asked him about the team, the city, the organization and he said something to the effect that it's first class.

I liked what I heard from Roy in the sense that he's ready to go for the season and that they all need to be prepared to hit the ground running in preseason and the first goal of the season is to win game 1 and go from there.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he got an A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad