Speculation: So who takes over the Wirtz Corporation? Given the family history, I'm not sure Danny is a lock.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Unless he paid pennies on the dollar for it this is dumb.

If the Blackhawks start their own network they are dumb. Unless it's like 5.99 a month, which it won't be, nobody is going to pay a premium for hockey when you can find streams online for free.

With Kick now a huge entity, every game is currently streamed in HD for free. Good luck
What the f*** are you even talking about?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

If the Blackhawks start their own network they are dumb. Unless it's like 5.99 a month, which it won't be, nobody is going to pay a premium for hockey when you can find streams online for free.

With Kick now a huge entity, every game is currently streamed in HD for free. Good luck
I think he paid zero pennies on the dollar for it.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
If Danny takes whole company then there might be new face in day to day Blackhawks. 🤔

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
If Danny takes whole company then there might be new face in day to day Blackhawks. 🤔
Was Danny that much involved in the day to day anyways? AFAIK he will have the same role as Rocky, and he wasn't that much involved in the day to day was he?

HagelsBagels

Apr 24, 2021
Nashville, TN
I wouldn't be shocked to see the Blackhawks team up with the Cubs and put games on Marquee once their NBC Sports deal is up and have the White Sox/Bulls break off and do their own things, maybe with Reinsdorf's Stadium network. What I would like to see is putting games over the air again like the Golden Knights are doing. There's obviously a hard cap so the only reason to not do the fan-friendly thing and get games back on WGN or another antenna channel is money into their pockets.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019

Lol KB is short circuiting without anything to complain about.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I wouldn't be shocked to see the Blackhawks team up with the Cubs and put games on Marquee once their NBC Sports deal is up and have the White Sox/Bulls break off and do their own things, maybe with Reinsdorf's Stadium network. What I would like to see is putting games over the air again like the Golden Knights are doing. There's obviously a hard cap so the only reason to not do the fan-friendly thing and get games back on WGN or another antenna channel is money into their pockets.
I would. Bulls & Hawks are still attached at the hip, Reinsdorf and the Wirtz family have a very close relationship. Believe Wirtz Corp. got some equity in the Bulls back for funding more of the UC.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad