Speculation: So who takes over the Wirtz Corporation? Given the family history, I'm not sure Danny is a lock.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In a normal family Danny Wirtz should become the head of the Wirtz Corporation but..............

History has shown that the Wirtz family is dysfunctional and we saw that in 2007 when Rocky got the keys and Peter was left by the wayside.

This book from a few years ago gives some hints

1690523707120.png

Rocky said the succession plan was set by my grandfather Arthur

:popcorn:

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
I don't know the actual ownership arrangements regarding the Hawks. Is it part of the larger Wi rtz holding company or is it a separate entity? J

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well Wirtz Corp. could go with an administrative executive CEO and just have Danny or one of his sisters serve as Chairman of the Board and not so involved with day to day decision-making for the company...

Or they could l go with one of Rocky's siblings to serve as Chairperson of the Board andCEO if they wish to be more hand on active running the family Company.

I guess we have to see how it plays out.

IF they opt for only Chairman of the Board duties it should also allow them to continue in other current jobs they may have...like Danny continuing with hisCEO function with the Hawks at the same time as conducting board meetings for Wirtz Corp and its other businesses besides the Hawks and U.C...

When Rocky made Danny CEO of the Blackhawks he had both jobs abefo CEO and Chairman of the Board jobs at WirtzCorp..so itvis not impossible to perform all 3 jobs at once..Board Meetings are just occasional events..The CEO jobs are more day to day hands on for decision-making...So Danny coukd doll 3 jobs if he so desires.Or as I said tgey could divy up the roles...have to wait and see.

Last edited:

ray c

Feb 9, 2010
I think it goes to Peter who is the eldest of Bill's sons.If not the next in line would be Danny

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I've got to think there is a rock solid succession plan and the Blackhawks wing of the corporation will stay with Danny - why wouldn't it?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I don't think its a 0.0% chance if Arthur really did write the succession plan and nothing has been changed. But at the same time how does a guy who was Bill's dad write a will/estate that far in the future. Eventually someone has to change it/add to the will/estate. If Peter does take over the Hawks then I would say we are close to f***ed. But I won't cry until the milk is spilled. No one knows.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Well Wirtz Corp. could go with an administrative executive CEO and just have Danny or one of his sisters serve as Chairman of the Board and not so involved with day to day decision-making for the company...

Or they could l go with one of Rocky's siblings to serve as Chairperson of the Board andCEO if they wish to be more hand on active running the family Company.

IF they opt for only Chairman of the Board duties it should also allow them to continue in other current jobs they may have...like Danny continuing with hisCEO function with the Hawks at the same time as conducting board meetings for Wirtz Corp and its other businesses besides the Hawks and U.C...

When Rocky made Danny CEO of the Blackhawks he had both jobs abefo CEO and Chairman of the Board jobs at WirtzCorp..so itvis not impossible to perform all 3 jobs at once..Board Meetings are just occasional events..The CEO jobs are more day to day hands on for decision-making...So Danny coukd doll 3 jobs if he so desires.Or as I said tgey could divy up the roles...have to wait and see.
You forget to switch to your burner account?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Its been 15 years since Peter was a factor. Even the rich move on with their lives. The Wirtz’ still have an alcohol distribution racket to run, pretty sure Peter would be happy managing that while Danny handles the Hawks.

ray c

Feb 9, 2010
when bill died,rocky bumped our peter,because that's what the sucession was.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't think its a 0.0% chance if Arthur really did write the succession plan and nothing has been changed. But at the same time how does a guy who was Bill's dad write a will/estate that far in the future. Eventually someone has to change it/add to the will/estate. If Peter does take over the Hawks then I would say we are close to f***ed. But I won't cry until the milk is spilled. No one knows.
Trusts. As long as there’s a life in being at the time it doesn’t run afoul of the rule against perpetuities.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Who are you and what have you done with HF50?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Unless he paid pennies on the dollar for it this is dumb.

If the Blackhawks start their own network they are dumb. Unless it's like 5.99 a month, which it won't be, nobody is going to pay a premium for hockey when you can find streams online for free.

With Kick now a huge entity, every game is currently streamed in HD for free. Good luck

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00