So which forwards should be in the NHL or in the AHL?

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Ok I think we played enough of that musical chair game with our upcoming forwards this season.
Most guys already had their fair chances to show us what they can bring to this team.

Imo:
I personally don't get what Thomas is doing here, he is not even a great AHLer. He shows some flashes here and there, but in the end he only has 1 point in 16 games. Being really undersized, he is not a good fit for our 4th line in the long run and clearly not good enough to play on our top lines.

Ghetto been the best so far. He was doing great with Pleky until Therrien put him on the fourth line with 5 minutes of ice time.

I would love to see more of Dumont on our 4th line, I like the way he competes. He deserves a better chance.

Tangradi and Bowman can stay in the AHL. Underwhelming performances, no grit to their game.

Even if Hudon is probably one of the best player between those guys. I am ok with the idea of giving him a full season in the AHL, I think it is great for his development.

For De la Rose I am not sure what to think. But, I don't like the idea of burning a year on his entry-level contract and like Hudon you don't want to push him to early in the NHL. Yes he is clearly responsible defensively, but is that enough? I feel like he needs to polish his game, particularly offensively, in the minor first. I just hope we don't start to throw this kid up and down the organization.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Voted Andrighetto, didnt realize it was a multiple vote poll

Hudon could probably fit in right now but I like the idea of him having a full season in the AHL, I want him to have a big offseason and come in next year with the desire to stick in the NHL.

I like DLR and I've been really impressed by him but I also feel like he might be rushed, I'd rather leave him in the AHL and let him improve his offensive game without added pressure to perform.

kazmanian

Sep 30, 2014
JDLR or Ghetto. I won't feel comfortable having Thomas in the lineup come the playoffs

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Frankly, I don't know what Thomas has done better than Andrighetto to be still here.

I don't know if they try to increase his value to shop him, but Ghetto would be a lot more useful to this team.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
This year? DLR only. Only because we already wasted a year of his ELC and he's our best option for the fourth line going into the playoffs. Ghetto isn't going to get a fair shake with Therrien.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
...there's absolutely no reason whatsoever that Ghetto isn't playing on our Top 9...other than the fact that our coach is Michel Therrien...:shakehead

It has nothing to do with Therrien, he still has a lot to round out in his game.

I think once Parenteau comes back, Thomas goes back down. Though he made a good impression.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Thomas because he's waiver eligible next season I think and Ghetto because he's the most ready. DLR can still do a lot of work on his understanding of how to balance offense and defense. I wish habs had an alternative to have him learn with the staff in Hamilton though.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
DLR has been amazing defensively but It might be better for him to polish up his offensive skills in the AHL. That was the mistake they made with Bournival. Andrighetto has done way more then Thomas has and there is no reason to be playing Thomas over Andrighetto. I don't want any of these guys in the lineup come playoff time except for maybe DLR

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
...bullpucks; 3 points in his first 3 NHL games (in our Top 6) in which he played very well for a rookie, his reward was immediate demotion...it was all about Therrien...

The Myth of Sven continues. Andrighetto played two periods out of his first nine on the second line, three periods on the third line, and four periods on the fourth line.

During his first game, while playing on the fourth line, he stayed out an extra 40 seconds and stole Galchenyuk's shift, and ended up getting a goal off a give and go with Plekanec. His selfish move did not endear him to the coach or the vets.

His second game, he played 2/3 of it on the second line, and got an assist. However, he showed defensive weakness, so was put on the third line to start game three, versus LA at home.

During this game, his line was hammered in their own zone, as LA outshot us badly. Therrien moved him to the fourth line for the third period, putting Prust in his place on the third line. The third line played better and even scored a goal. However, late in the game, with the Habs up three and our 4th line on the ice, LA tried a risky move and Emelin knocked the puck free to Bournival. Ghetto had been cherry-picking and ended up suddenly in great position for a shot into a wide-open net on a great feed from Bournival.

After the game, the coach was asked a leading question by a reporter about Sven's "great play", and he simply said that the kid was learning the game. Which he was.

But it is simply not true that Andrighetto played three full games in the Top 6. Not even close to half of the time was that true.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
DLR and Hudon for me. I think DLR is here to stay but it would be nice to see Hudon a few games until Parenteau is ready. From what I hear Andrighetto hasn't played as well since his demotion and although Thomas has some speed and tenacity I don't think he's done enough to stay indefinitely and he's had a long enough showcase for other teams already.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Only de la Rose.

Andrighetto avoids contact. Thomas has heart but is too small for our roster with DD and Gallagher on it. Hudon can continue to develop in Hamilton (Leblanc should be fresh on our minds)

Dumont, love his grit and hustle, is again a victim of our Habs roster. Tangredi and Bowman did not perform when given a chance.

Bournival needs to join Hamilton after Bergevin brings in one or two Top 6 wingers.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
I feel like De la rose would develop more in the AHL by playing more minutes and improve his offensive game. Andrighetto could play on this team's top 9 right and potentially be used has trade bait. Thomas doesn't bring anything at the NHL level, not good enough for top six and not big gritty enough for bottom six.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If we want to be serious cup contenders then the answer is none.

I like DLR but the kid needs to work on his offensive game in the AHL. I want him to be a complete 3rd line center. He's been great defensively, but if he doesn't improve offensively, he'll become a career 4th line center.

Andrighetto should have a permanent spot next season. I like him better than Thomas. But please play him as a RW, forget about him as a center.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I think Thomas for sure deserves to be here.

He plays a fast tenacious game that puts a lot of pressure on defenders I love him on the fourth line.

I love seeing some young go getters on the bottom six instead of tired old muckers like Malhotra.

DLR definitely deserves to be here as well based on his limited showings.

Andrighetto will get a longer look in the future don't you worry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad