Speculation: So, what team are you rooting for in the Olympics?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So which team are you most rooting for in the Olympics?

We have the USA of course. But a third of the team is playing for four teams:

USA: Brooks Orpik and Paul Martin
Canada: Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz
Russia: Evgeni Malkin
Finland: Jussi Jokinen and defenseman Olli Maatta

Or you might prefer another team for whatever reason.

I thought a poll to see who the board is rooting for would be interesting. I expect the USA to dominate for obvious reasons, but it will be interesting to see the breakdown.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
img-1005866-chazz-michael-michaels.jpg

Whats this "hockey" you're talking about?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Greatest ****ing nation in the world.

Iceland didn't qualify.

I'm rooting for Team USA for a multitude of reasons, mostly because winning grows the audience in the country and will inevitably lead to better hockey coming from places like California and Pennsylvania.

But I'll also be rooting for Finland, and I'd hardly be crushed if Canada won. Hell, even Russia. The only country that I think I'll honestly be rooting against with any consistency is Sweden...and that's just because of the lack of Penguins on that roster coupled with my loyalties to Denmark & Finland :laugh:

The Big Dawg*

Iceland didn't qualify.

I'm rooting for Team USA for a multitude of reasons, mostly because winning grows the audience in the country and will inevitably lead to better hockey coming from places like California and Pennsylvania.

But I'll also be rooting for Finland, and I'd hardly be crushed if Canada won. Hell, even Russia. The only country that I think I'll honestly be rooting against with any consistency is Sweden...and that's just because of the lack of Penguins on that roster coupled with my loyalties to Denmark & Finland :laugh:

Ya, They didn't qualify because they gave up on hockey after USA's Gordan Bombay and his mighty ducks smacked them around. :yo:

Although Gunnar Stahl was a beast

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I voted Canada.

Honestly I would be far more excited if Crosby did well in the Olympics than if the USA won.

USA and Russia would tie for my second vote, because of Malkin and because of obvious reasons for USA.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Why isn't rooting for Bylsma and Orpik to be exposed an option? :rant:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Surprised that Canada is winning this so far. Even though I was one who voted for them.

Must be lots of Canadian Pens fans. Which wouldn't surprise me as so many Canadians became fans when Mario was here. And ones who want Crosby to do well more than country.

Last edited:

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
Surprised that Canada is winning this so far. Even though I was one who voted for them.

Must be lots of Canadian Pens fans. Which wouldn't surprise me as so many Canadians became fans when Mario was here. And ones who want Crosby to do well more than country.
I was rooting for Canada when Mario was on the team. But these games and the last I find myself much more patriotastic and am rooting for USA.

Applepious.jpg

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I picked Russia, partially because I think it would be nice for Malkin to do well in his homeland... once in a lifetime chance, partially because I don't want any angry Russian mobsters to break his legs if they lose... It would be nicer if AO does nothing all Olympics and they win anyhow. I will pull hard for Finland too, and certainly wont mind if Crosby does well, though they won last time so share the wealth. Team USA I will root for, but half heartedly, mostly because I do like Martin and Orps, but as a whole this team just don't really interest me much. kind of a boring bland team..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00