So what position do we need to improve? Who might that be?

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
If only we had a guy like Frolik in place of a guy like Burmi. Anyway we can swing that one?

There is another winger flying under the radar. This guy named Stempniak. He has 6 points in 7 games for NJ and they only pay the guy like under $900k. If only we could get our hands on a guy like that. Those guys are real keepers.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
The numbers do not support this in any way. B-L-S have horrible possession numbers, with Burmi the worst of the 3, and I'm not seeing any play being driven by them. And at best they are middle of the pack in terms of quality of competition. It is L-L-W that are playing the tough minutes.

Tough minutes like when both of those lines were double shifting the entire third period against St. Louis. I would be curious to see what the actual numbers were but I am pretty sure the PSE + PCT lines combined for about 5 minutes.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Tough minutes like when both of those lines were double shifting the entire third period against St. Louis. I would be curious to see what the actual numbers were but I am pretty sure the PSE + PCT lines combined for about 5 minutes.

Seems like the deeper Mo gets into a season, the stranger his reasoning gets. So far not bad, but then bring Uselesso in to play 4th line & then overplay your big lines into the ground.

How long before most of our best players are playing exhausted & injured again. Peluso will again be a regular, Thorbs on the 3rd line, 4th line playing 3-4 mins a night -- awe just like old times.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Don't think so.

Lowry had 12:40 minutes of ice time - Scheifele had 17:03.

Ehlers and Perreault had more even-strength ice time than either Stafford or Burmi.

Ladd had almost 24 minutes of ice-time, which is way too much for him (or any forward).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seems like the deeper Mo gets into a season, the stranger his reasoning gets. So far not bad, but then bring Uselesso in to play 4th line & then overplay your big lines into the ground.

How long before most of our best players are playing exhausted & injured again. Peluso will again be a regular, Thorbs on the 3rd line, 4th line playing 3-4 mins a night -- awe just like old times.

I'll be shocked and disappointed if Peluso plays over Petan against TB.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
Don't think so.

Ehlers and Perreault had more even-strength ice time than either Stafford or Burmi.

Ladd had almost 24 minutes of ice-time, which is way too much for him (or any forward).

I know what the game stats were, I am talking about the third period.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Don't think so.

Player usage strategy is pretty hard to judge from that game with the amount of special teams time. The 4th line got only about 5 minutes though. :shakehead Peluso. Thanks Paul.

I noticed that Bortuzzo was mugging Ehlers continually for the first half of the game, maybe the 2nd half too but I didn't notice. I was too intent on watching for Peluso to do something about it. :sarcasm:

Ehlers took quite a beating. Peluso did nothing to prevent it or to stop it but he did keep the 4th line to 5 min. :deadhorse

The only reason Peluso is in the NHL is for games like that one. His effectiveness was nil.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Player usage strategy is pretty hard to judge from that game with the amount of special teams time. The 4th line got only about 5 minutes though. :shakehead Peluso. Thanks Paul.

I noticed that Bortuzzo was mugging Ehlers continually for the first half of the game, maybe the 2nd half too but I didn't notice. I was too intent on watching for Peluso to do something about it. :sarcasm:

Ehlers took quite a beating. Peluso did nothing to prevent it or to stop it but he did keep the 4th line to 5 min. :deadhorse

The only reason Peluso is in the NHL is for games like that one. His effectiveness was nil.

It was worse that nil. It was in negative territory. In effect, benefiting the opponent.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Don't think so.

I know what the game stats were, I am talking about the third period.

Sometimes our eyes play tricks. LLW by far played the most in the 3rd against St. Louis, the 4th line played very little and P-S-E and B-L-S got almost identical minutes.

Ehlers - 6 shifts - 3:45
Lowry - 7 shifts - 3:48
MP - 7 shifts - 4:22
Burmi - 7 shifts - 4:31
Scheifele - 8 shifts 4:27
Stafford - 8 shifts 5:07

Count them up for yourself if you want.

http://nullisecund.us/nhl/toi.php?id=2015020076

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad