So.. What are you expecting? (Playoff / Bubble / Tank)

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
Yeah I would love to see Roy behind the bench, talk about an energy boost for the players and the fans with just his presence. Hes also a offensive minded coach.

He already turned down Avs once over money and we all know how stubborn Avs are when it comes to money so can't see them trying again soon

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If only this exceptional collection of bonafide stanley cup contenders weren't being held back by the coach, we'd be in the middle of a dynasty...

AM I RIGHT, GUYS?

Guys?

Why is Joe Sacco even a decent coach? I await your response.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
He already turned down Avs once over money and we all know how stubborn Avs are when it comes to money so can't see them trying again soon

When you think about it though, we had just gotten rid of Francois Giguere, Granato, Cloutier and the rest and we had just finished 28th overall in the league. We had a good feeling we'd get a good player at #3 but apart from that, everyone and their uncle knew we were in for a rough period of trying to rebuild this team.

Why pay big money for a coach and bring him in at the WRONG time? So that his message gets stale when the time IS right to start to contend? Something to think about.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You'll be better off giving up being an Avs fan. That's what im thinking of doing.

Not much to cheer about with this team. Looks like the management doesn't care about the fans, why should I care about the team?

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I've never before been in favor of the tank. Not in '09, not in '11. But the combination of the lockout/ROR holdout, plus the season starting in the wake of the hangover of the Broncos early exit (which upset me to the point that I wonder why I follow something that makes me this upset), has left me as disinterested in the team as I've ever been. So I find myself unable to object to rooting for the tank.

If the Avs landed Seth Jones, the cyclical nature of his path to the NHL having started with him as a young Avs fan and advice given to his father by Joe Sakic is far more appealing than anything the current team has to offer, regrettably.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I always had them as a bubble team (10th-12th, perhaps) with all of their guys signed and healthy. Without O'R and Landeskog - and with an awful puck-moving defense - there isn't really much hope here.

For the Avs to sniff the playoffs, both EJ and Duchene would have to bust loose in a major way, and Varlamov would have to steal games every week.

Possible. But doubtful.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I always had them as a bubble team (10th-12th, perhaps) with all of their guys signed and healthy. Without O'R and Landeskog - and with an awful puck-moving defense - there isn't really much hope here.

For the Avs to sniff the playoffs, both EJ and Duchene would have to bust loose in a major way, and Varlamov would have to steal games every week.

Possible. But doubtful.

... Dont forget Steve Downie, sadly he was injured last year and again this year . But when he's on the ice he brings a physical play, and some good offence. A healthy Downie could score about 15-20 goals.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Tank, because finishing somewhere between 9th-11th gives management an excuse not to fire Sacco and probably not that good of a draft pick.

Tank, finish last in the entire league, get Seth Jones, and maybe Sacco also gets fired.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Tank, because finishing somewhere between 9th-11th gives management an excuse not to fire Sacco and probably not that good of a draft pick.

Tank, finish last in the entire league, get Seth Jones, and maybe Sacco also gets fired.

It doesn't matter how bad the Avs finish. Sacco is a lock to start next season as the team's head coach. Ownership/management won't eat a year of his contract. They have their priorities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad