So.. What are you expecting? (Playoff / Bubble / Tank)

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
I've seen so much 'doom and gloom' vs 'we can do it!! Go TEAMZZZ!!' after each and every game. I've seen games where players have been pimped to where they've been crucified in a span of 48 hours.

So, honestly speaking, what do you expect out of this team?

Poll to be added shortly.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This team should be a bubble team, with a legit chance of making the playoffs. The biggest problem is the avs have a monkey for a coach.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This team should be a bubble team, with a legit chance of making the playoffs. The biggest problem is the avs have a monkey for a coach.

And at least for the time being are missing 3 of our Top 9 guys, and are playing guys like Matt Hunwick for 22+ minutes a night.

We get Oreilly and Landy back relatively soon, we can still contend for playoffs. If we are without these guys for a significant amount of time, Top 3 pick here we come.

And I have a real bad feeling about the Skog situation, so Im thinking bottom 5 in the league this year.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I think we'll get a pick in the 6-9 range. Pretty good when you consider how deep this draft is supposed to be.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Looking like a tank season unless things change fast.
Injuries and no O'rielly with a bad PP/PK equals tank.

Heebs21*

1st overall pick. Here we come.

Even with Lando, O'Reilly and Downie this is not a good team.

We have 1 D-man who would be playing on any other NHL team. Zanon, O'Brien, O'Byrne, Hunwick, Wilson and Hedja would be lucky to be 5th or 6th pairings on any other team. Elliot and Barrie are flat our terrible. They are liabilities on the ice.

We are hampered by an owner who refuses to spend money to ice a contender and we are held back by the worst coach in the league who just got an extension. Brilliant.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Closer to the playoff spot than the bottom of the conference. If we keep taking this many penalties, we might end up last in the league though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Expecting to be a bubble team with the potential to go either way. If we play as bad as we currently are we will have a top 5 pick.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
honestly we look terrible, and it would only be fair to end up with the #1 pick.
It will take a lot to bring this team back on track.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Avs have basically lost their first line (arguably) from last year, and their defense seems even more immobile than last year. They had a pretty good chance to be a playoff team with everyone, but I don't like their chances now.

As they are, the Avalanche are a lottery team. Just a terribly built defense, it's EJ and Wilson, with 4 pylons out there.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
A different Avalanche team shows up each game. One night a team that wallops the defending cup champions, the next a team that gets buried by the lowly Oilers.

The Avs are yet again a mediocre hockey club with flashes of brilliance. A big injury or a hot stretch could be the difference between last place and the 8th seed.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
A different Avalanche team shows up each game. One night a team that wallops the defending cup champions, the next a team that gets buried by the lowly Oilers.

The Avs are yet again a mediocre hockey club with flashes of brilliance. A big injury or a hot stretch could be the difference between last place and the 8th seed.

Pretty much, but no surprise here when you don`t have enough good veterans and Sacco as the head coach.

Mant*

That isn't an accomplishment. The Kings have only won a single game, can't score, and can't make saves.

The "lowly Oilers" are 1st in the division.

Mant*

If only this exceptional collection of bonafide stanley cup contenders weren't being held back by the coach, we'd be in the middle of a dynasty...

AM I RIGHT, GUYS?

Guys?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah folks, beating the defending Cup champs was no big feat. They currently have the single worst power play in the league (yes, worse than ours) and are at present one of the worst teams in the league.

Our other win? The Blue Jackets. 'Nuff said.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
1st overall pick. Here we come.

Even with Lando, O'Reilly and Downie this is not a good team.

We have 1 D-man who would be playing on any other NHL team. Zanon, O'Brien, O'Byrne, Hunwick, Wilson and Hedja would be lucky to be 5th or 6th pairings on any other team. Elliot and Barrie are flat our terrible. They are liabilities on the ice.

We are hampered by an owner who refuses to spend money to ice a contender and we are held back by the worst coach in the league who just got an extension. Brilliant.

I could not have said it more eloquently myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad