Series Talk: So this series after 4 games is exactly like last year with the top-seeded team going home with a 3-1 lead............

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I could not have said this better myself.

I watched every Panthers Lightning game in the first round and it was pretty clear that the Panthers were a much more playoff ready polished team than either the Bruins or Leafs.
Last night it felt like most of the Bruins gave it their best shot ...and still came up short (thanks in part to shady reffing)

I could really feel the B's frustration mount after the cats grabbed a 3-2 lead with 12 minutes left in the 3rd, and then Tkachuk milked another PP right afterwards.
I wouldn't be surprised if game 6 goes south in a hurry if the cats grab an early lead

I'm usually more optimistic, but this 2024 edition of the Boston Bruins hasn't shown me it's talented enough, mentally tough enough, well coached enough, or determined enough to come back from a 3-1 series deficit against this panthers team
..but I would love for them to prove me wrong

Dammit Bruins.....prove me wrong!!!

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If they don't drop the gloves then just go after them. Take the penalty.
Drag them into one, as there climbing over the boards to the bench.
Sucker punch one of them, they do it, anything to goad them into a fight. They started this crap, finish it!
It's needed, but I don't think it will happen unfortunately. The time to do it was in game 3 or 4 and with the Bruins down 1-3, unless they get blown out tomorrow, I wouldn't expect anything.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Drag them into one, as there climbing over the boards to the bench.
Sucker punch one of them, they do it, anything to goad them into a fight. They started this crap, finish it!
The panthers are dirty, but rarely fight, although there are other ways to f**k some of them up. A wicked slash on Bennett's injured left hand would work ...for starters.
But what I would really love to see is the Bruins come out with their best all around effort of the series, and be smarter, quicker, tougher, more determined, and forecheck like hell....and take way, way more shots...and shoot high, high, high

Hockey is not rocket science, and it's no secret that the more shots you take, the higher the chance of scoring.....so get many more f**king shots on their goalie with as much traffic as possible in front of the net. (Florida are very good at constantly getting pucks to the net from all directions, with many shots coming from the point). The Bruins also need to get more shots from the point.....that means you too McAvoy

If all else fails, and the game starts getting away, then make sure the cats know they've been in a tough game by any means possible ...and leave EVERYTHING on the ice
(hopefully lots of panthers on the ice who can't get up without help from the trainers)

As a fan, that's all I ask for in game 5

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No one on the Panthers is going to drop the gloves
Tkachuk did. Chances are that if anyone else on the Bruins had the balls to step in he would have backed down IMO (to anyone else).
This team is the opposite of "one for all, all for one." They think too much of the implications and are not playing or acting spontaneously. If you have to think about shooting or passing and don't act spontaneously then the moment is gone. It's like they need special training on not thinking, just doing it. Whether it's to hit someone, shoot or pass the puck you can't hesitate for a second. I see a lot of apprehension and a fear of f***ing up to the point that much of the time, clearing the puck and in the offensive zone the time has passed.
What really slays me is i.e. when Zacha holds the puck, can't decide what to do then passes it to a Panther. Other Bruins have done it too. too many times.

"He who hesitates is lost."

Last edited:

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Sometimes, all it comes down to is that you just don’t have the horses.

Would like to see them win tomorrow and make things more interesting, though. I think they have it in them to steal one.

It doesn't matter even if you have all the horses, when you need to race against zebras. And florida's shot total is little skewed because Bruins defense need to play carefully because referees give them idiotic penalties.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Brazeau had 130 points his last year of junior but wasn't known to fight. Stuck to hockey.
I’m a Bruins fan I need a guy who can fight and win consistently- preferably doesn’t abide the code

Reactions: bobber

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Tkachuk did. Chances are that if anyone else on the Bruins had the balls to step in he would have backed down IMO (to anyone else).
This team is the opposite of "one for all, all for one." They think too much of the implications and are not playing or acting spontaneously. If you have to think about shooting or passing and don't act spontaneously then the moment is gone. It's like they need special training on not thinking, just doing it. Whether it's to hit someone, shoot or pass the puck you can't hesitate for a second. I see a lot of apprehension and a fear of f***ing up to the point that much of the time, clearing the puck and in the offensive zone the time has passed.
What really slays me is i.e. when Zacha holds the puck, can't decide what to do then passes it to a Panther. Other Bruins have done it too. too many times.

"He who hesitates is lost."
Too many low IQ players.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Refs really allowed this series to get out of hand. While watching the Rangers series there is no after the whistle crap the game moves along. The panthers are dictating the game and refs are following along. Of course the league is backing these refs. The Bennett goal was just the league backing the ref who was standing over the play.
Good luck 🍀 Bruins

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
going into this series I believed they would ultimately lose. Even after game one I still felt this way. I wanted a series win and got it courtesy of Toronto. House money.

I don’t mind the Bruins losing to a better team. The thing that frustrates me the most is the circus that is the NHL.

That goal that Bennett scored was goaltender interference. The play itself was a perfect example of the paragraph that has been shared by everyone.

Furthermore, Bennett should not have been playing in that game. He deserved to be suspended for what he did to Marchand. You don’t have to like Marchand, but DOPS is there to protect EVERY player, not just the ones they like.

The whole thing is just gross. I’m okay if the Bruins lose this series. I just don’t need to see them get f***ed in the process.
You make good points about the NHL and DoPS

..they both act like a circus, and show how stupid they are when they don't follow their own rules

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
One thing is, I don't fire Monty

As much as he over tinkered with the line up last year, that's partially on sweeney going for too many pieces at the deadline and Monty having an embarrassment of riches, are you really not going to play bergeron and krejci when they say theyre ready to go?

His biggest mistake was goaltending but he learned and made adjustments and better decisions this year. He's squeezed every last drop out of his roster IMO.

I want to see the team re-tooled for next year and the goal should be ECF or a very hard fought second round exit. Im surmising that the Bruins will lose Tuesday night, so pushing to 7 next year and not getting embarrassed has to be the next step goal.

The question that should always be asked is: who's gonna replace him? And don't say Tort's. That guy hasn't won shit in years and drove the flyers into the ground this season.

I think Monty did a great job with what he had and showed improvement in decision making from last year. I wouldn't throw the baby out and let him learn from the coaching mistakes vs Maurice and try again with a better roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad