GDT: So. There's a game vs. Buffalo today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
On the bright side, that Laine kid for the Finns looks amazing at the juniors. We are well on our way at grabbing a top pick in the draft.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I agree with the no call on the Datsyuk play, he is poking the puck through a battle where players have fallen down and trying to go through that scrum. That isn't a play they call often, even if you claim the Buffalo guy through out his leg which if we were being neutral fans probably isn't the case at all.

Aug 6, 2012
Really this teams problems start and end with Dats, Z and Kronner. If they are playing decent hockey we win some of these games.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I'm sorry guy's but this is what the team is a bubble team and trending toward lower half of the league. Not bad just not very good.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Really this teams problems start and end with Dats, Z and Kronner. If they are playing decent hockey we win some of these games.

I agree. I also think the kids need to be chipping in and while Sheahan has today, Tatar and Nyquist have been MIA for a while now.

So much perimeter hockey from this team.

This is why I want a power forward or someone that plays north-south.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The more I look at that PK replay, the more I think that Nosek did what he was supposed to. He forced the play back to the boards and either Sheahan or Kronwall needed to step up to keep the pressure and they didn't.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I agree with the no call on the Datsyuk play, he is poking the puck through a battle where players have fallen down and trying to go through that scrum. That isn't a play they call often, even if you claim the Buffalo guy through out his leg which if we were being neutral fans probably isn't the case at all.

I think it was a good no call too, just unfortunate.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The more I look at that PK replay, the more I think that Nosek did what he was supposed to. He forced the play back to the boards and either Sheahan or Kronwall needed to step up to keep the pressure and they didn't.

Kronwall should've came out on that play 10/10, need to help there.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada

It looked, to me, like he pivots his hips as he sees Dats coming. That being said, he is being tied up and the refs aren't going to make that call.

Luke

Sep 16, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I agree. I also think the kids need to be chipping in and while Sheahan has today, Tatar and Nyquist have been MIA for a while now.

So much perimeter hockey from this team.

This is why I want a power forward or someone that plays north-south.

That is exactly the problem, and there's no need for a power forward, we just need our guys to go to the net. Montreal goes to the net and surprise, surprise, they score goals. Can't score when everything is from the outside and getting blocked.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Yeah, we never gave up leads when Babs was the coach.

Nope. I can't think of a single time where we gave up two goal leads under Blash... Except for the entirety of the 2013/2014 season of course.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I disagree if you get high sticked theres no he ran into the stick its either a high stick or not. Looking at the replay it was obvious that the buffalo guy stuck his leg out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad