So there probably won't be a lot of new Russian NHLers soon

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well, it kinda looks political, but I'm not gonna talk politics in this thread. I mean, US Embassy visas suspension. Only American embassy in Moscow will issue visas to Russian nonimmigrants, and queues gonna be huge. There are already talks, it will take a few months for businessmen, students, sportsmen etc to get American visas. And they have all to come to Moscow.

In the situation like this new players just won't be able to get American visas right in time. At least, it's what I'm afraid of.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I find it hard to believe that athletes, musicians, etc. would not be exempt from this. It makes no sense as it would be hurting a US business that the player plays for etc.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I find it hard to believe that athletes, musicians, etc. would not be exempt from this. It makes no sense as it would be hurting a US business that the player plays for etc.

Well, as far as I know, it's not a common practice for American embassies to make two, three or more types of queues for different people categories. And if it's a single queue for all people, then yeah, it's gonna be a huge mess.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Well, as far as I know, it's not a common practice for American embassies to make two, three or more types of queues for different people categories. And if it's a single queue for all people, then yeah, it's gonna be a huge mess.

You do realize that players don't stand in line to get the paperwork right? The teams take care of all of this.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You can say the same about professional businessmen, professional musicians, professional whoever else.

I think this is a small percentage of Russian immigrants to the States. This is true of any country, the vast majority of immigrants to the US are regular people looking for a 9 to 5 job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad