Post-Game Talk: So the night got deathly quiet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
On that one particular break, I think he was at the end of a shift.....but OMG I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone skate like that at the NHL level. It was comical.
I think he was described by Beyak as "streaking" down the left side........lol.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Upon further reflection I blame the horrible rendition of the Canadian national anthem. Put the boys off :sarcasm:

Reactions: Guffman

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
On that one particular break, I think he was at the end of a shift.....but OMG I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone skate like that at the NHL level. It was comical.

Yes, that was hard to watch - He was completely gassed and probably should have dumped it.

Not a good skater by any stretch but he puts in a ton of effort - I've seen a few of our skilled guys that simply stop skating under these circumstances - wheeler and buff come to mind

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
If that came after a couple of days of good practices, I don't want to see them after a bad couple of days.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
A game like yesterday's is the only time the Jets show any determination. When they play a bad team the Jets go out there determined to show the bad team that they can be every bit as bad as them and in most cases be even worse.

The Jets really excel at making ordinary teams look like Stanley Cup contenders.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Well, Arizona is missing 3 of their top 4 D (Hjalmarsson, Goligoski and Chychrun are all injured) so the Jets should be able to score.
Well in all fairness the jets played a goalie who has no business playing in the NHL last night and only got two goals.....

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
A game like yesterday's is the only time the Jets show any determination. When they play a bad team the Jets go out there determined to show the bad team that they can be every bit as bad as them and in most cases be even worse.

The Jets really excel at making ordinary teams look like Stanley Cup contenders.

Thing is, Vegas is not a bad team right now.

Reactions: thetracksuit

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Wheeler and Scheifele have been cheating a lot in their own zone this season. They are deadly on the attack but treat own zone time as a rest between rushes. I think Maurice should split them up for a bit.

27-55-29
81-18-26
85-17-40
13-9-56

I think Laine has fully embraced the defensive responsibilities and would be great with scheif.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Coming back from a 3 day break, a team that is very successful at home (and while an expansion club, more talent then some established club) and teams often lay eggs after having one of these trips where they have time off somewhere fun and do team building activities.

Aren't teams supposed to have off nights when they come back home from the road, like Vegas did? Maybe the Knights haven't learned how to play to cliches yet, while the Jets are masters of it.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Aren't teams supposed to have off nights when they come back home from the road, like Vegas did? Maybe the Knights haven't learned how to play to cliches yet, while the Jets are masters of it.
An off night? They played like shit, calling it an off night is just making an excuse for them.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
An off night? They played like ****, calling it an off night is just making an excuse for them.

Maybe try reading it this time. It was the Knights who were supposed to have an off night according to the cliche of having an off night for the first game back from a road trip.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Maybe try reading it this time. It was the Knights who were supposed to have an off night according to the cliche of having an off night for the first game back from a road trip.
I read it, I know what you meant. I know you do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad