So, Lets Discuss this "World Cup" Nonsense for a Second...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
At least I hope it will never be the "Starbucks Frappuccino's Stanley Cup" or the "Walmart World Cup"...

yeah if there is one thing that international hockey can show the nhl, its how to put bumper stickers on the front of your helmets and have some ghastly ghastly jerseys. because if I understand the rationale so far, if the IIHF does it, the NHL should be compelled to do the same, amirite ?

stub hub is gonna be one the sixers next year, that sound you hear is the damn breaking. Sponsorships and logos will be on NHL jersey's sooner rather than later. you can moan all you like, that tide is not reversing.

the owners are in it to make money, this is a new untapped revenue stream. I don't begrudge the owners for selling arena naming rights, and as much as I dont like decals on jerseys, its going to happen ( unless the philly faithful take up torches and pitchforks which they could literally do).

does the bridgestone sponsorship of the winter classic bother you ?

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
The ones on WHCs are very subdued, with colors that don't argue with the looks otherwise. Doesn't bother at all. But I think it's good policy to be a bit on the wary side before giving the pinky to the devil, just in case he'll take the whole hand. Let this spring's FEL champion and the projected nr 2 of the NHL Draft of 2016 demonstrate:

laineenetu110416lm_503_sm.jpg

And anyways, don't the Western hemisphere audiences just love knowing the IIHF Men's World Ice-Hockey Championships as Skoda Cup, after the very visible main sponsor... I advice caution when picking yours. ;)

There's so much noise on that uniform that no one can possibly notice any of the logos. It would be like 10 TV commercials running at the same time with split screens. Or a bad 1990s website.

Edit: Here's the guy who designed that uniform

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
yeah if there is one thing that international hockey can show the nhl, its how to put bumper stickers on the front of your helmets and have some ghastly ghastly jerseys. because if I understand the rationale so far, if the IIHF does it, the NHL should be compelled to do the same, amirite ?

stub hub is gonna be one the sixers next year, that sound you hear is the damn breaking. Sponsorships and logos will be on NHL jersey's sooner rather than later. you can moan all you like, that tide is not reversing.

the owners are in it to make money, this is a new untapped revenue stream. I don't begrudge the owners for selling arena naming rights, and as much as I dont like decals on jerseys, its going to happen ( unless the philly faithful take up torches and pitchforks which they could literally do).

does the bridgestone sponsorship of the winter classic bother you ?

To be honest, I don't give a hoot about it, like I don't give a hoot about your post. That said, I hope they pick something hilarious. I vote for "Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte World Cup".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad