So is Marchand a Hart candidate?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Especially if Boston make the playoffs.... is he just as deserving as McDavid or Sid?
More deserving then both, imo.

Take Marchand off the Bruins, they are a lottery team.

McDavid is great and all but Talbot is more their MVP. Sidney has Malkin.

Imo, the three finalists will be;

Marchand
Burns
Kane

Is Kane can win back to back AR, he would shoot up dramatically

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I guess so. He might not even end up top-5 but maybe top-10.

I think the thing that seperated McDavid from a lot of players for me is the fact that he's been leading the league pretty much the entire season.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
He's got to be right? At least top 5.

Him and Kane have 14 pt leads on their next closest teammates.

McDavid's got a 18 pt lead.

Crosby has a 2 pt lead.

CK17

May 13, 2007
Doubt he'll get in the Top 5 even if he deserves it. His reputation from past years/recent slewfoots will cost him votes.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Nah. Not according to the endless barrage about how good bergeron is, particularly on defense. If that is true, then marchands defensive stats are a product of being tied at the hip to bergeron his entire career. Particularly if as people have pointed out, his advanced stats are poor when without him. And youd have to attribute a big chunk of his offense to the possession advantage bergeron provides.

Hyping up bergeron on these boards means marchand isnt a hart candidate, plain and simple. Not even the most valuable on his own line.

Reactions: CHIRAQREPDAT

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Nah. Not according to the endless barrage about how good bergeron is, particularly on defense. If that is true, then marchands defensive stats are a product of being tied at the hip to bergeron his entire career. Particularly if as people have pointed out, his advanced stats are poor when without him. And youd have to attribute a big chunk of his offense to the possession advantage bergeron provides.

Hyping up bergeron on these boards means marchand isnt a hart candidate, plain and simple. Not even the most valuable on his own line.

Marchand's rise to dominance isn't because of Bergeron. It's the result of a 2 week mentorship program that he entered.

Also, please stop PMing me that Toews is better than Datsyuk.

Reactions: FanSince72

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
No way. He's product of Toews' tutoring. For that alone Toews deserves it.

Seriously though, all the other candidates play on much better teams with the possible exception of McDavid. It should really be a two horse race between Marchand and McDavid for Hart at this point.

Last edited:

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
More deserving then both, imo.

Take Marchand off the Bruins, they are a lottery team.

McDavid is great and all but Talbot is more their MVP. Sidney has Malkin.

Imo, the three finalists will be;

Marchand
Burns
Kane

Is Kane can win back to back AR, he would shoot up dramatically
That's all good and all except for the fact you know the Oilers were without Mcdavid last year and WERE a lottery team. You saying that **** about Marchand is hyperbole especially when you're acting like the Oilers would be completely fine if Mcdavid wasn't on the team.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Yes.

Much like Corey Perry won the Hart trophy with a goal scoring hot streak down the stretch, Marchand can do the same. He is hot right now, and voters love late season guys

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

It's not a Bruins thread without Toews Era trying to find a way to either prop up Toews or Bash Bergeron!

If his offense came from Bergeron, Bergeron would be close to him in points. Marchand is absolutely a candidate and if he wins the Art Ross/Richard then hes a winner.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Marchand's rise to dominance isn't because of Bergeron. It's the result of a 2 week mentorship program that he entered.

Also, please stop PMing me that Toews is better than Datsyuk.

Basking in the Holy light of Toews was enough.

He stopped PMing me about Toews being better than Bergeron. There's hope then for you too.

No way. He's product of Toews' tutoring. For that alone Toews deserves it.

Seriously though, all the other candidates play on much better teams with the possible exception of McDavid. It should really be a two horse race between Marchand and McDavid for Hart at this point.

More than that: Toews created the universe. But we must remain humble towards Toews, because what He gaveth, He could always taketh away. All praise Toews.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
That's all good and all except for the fact you know the Oilers were without Mcdavid last year and WERE a lottery team. You saying that **** about Marchand is hyperbole especially when you're acting like the Oilers would be completely fine if Mcdavid wasn't on the team.
Never said that. Talbot's impact imo, is far greater then McDavids who has had a great little year himself as he should.

Marchand has kept the Bruins credible for the last couple months and has been the best player in the NHL on par with Kane during that time and even more so. Marchand HAS been the Bruins while the Oilers have been a tandem.

Sorry, but no matter what Marchands history has been it's irrelevant considering just how important he's been.

Because, you know, Kane's off season last year had so much effect on awards and all.

#marchandforhart
#thenoseknows
#showtime

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He's the current Art Ross leader, so he has to be in the conversation. I would currently put McDavid ahead, but after that, I'm finding it hard to put anyone else over him.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I mean... If McDavid drags Edmonton out of the basement and into the playoffs, how can you not give it to him? I'd throw Marchand a nomination though.

Hart nominees:
McDavid
Marchand
Burns

Yeti of the Flow

Jun 9, 2011
Boston

Bergeron negates Marchand's eligibility for Hart contention. Toews is responsible for Marchand's success. Kane is still eligible to win the Hart. Toews apparently hasn't been able to help Kane after years of playing together.

Interesting stuff.

Reactions: Grasshopperking

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I don't think that he'll get enough attention to make a big run at the Hart. The Bruins are right around where they were expected to be, battling for one of the last playoff spots. They've been better than last season but not significantly. It's not really fair, but the narrative isn't really in his favour, and MVP votes are all about the narrative.

If the Bruins were a top team, or if they were doing significantly better than expected, then he'd be getting a lot more MVP buzz.

Fondue

Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
Boston makes the playoffs and he ends up top3 in both goals/points? Then he's absolutely in contention for the Hart. Otherwise I think he won't squeeze into top3 voting.

Top three will be:

A) McDavid (anywhere between 1-3 in voting)
B) Burns/Karlsson or Dubnyk
C) One of the other forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad