So here is the questions 1.....

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Since Kane is exceeding career pace for goals and points and is earnings his big raise and Toews is below career pace for goals and points through 18gp ...the question is can Toews finish the remainder of the season 1. At least equal to his career pace or 2. exceeding career pace? A subsequent question would be even IF he gets back to just career average pace for an 82 game season is that enough to justify his big raise? Should he not earn it by also exceeding what he has done so far in his career?

So what are the probabilities he finishes at at least career pace for an 82 game regular season..?

His per game regular season career average is .39 goals per game and .50 assists per game...Currently to date in 18gp his goals per game is only .33 and his assists per game is just .33...

APPLYING the career pace for regular season to the 18 GP he should be at 7 goals and 9 assists...and so he is only 4 points off his career pace...So it seems he still has time to easily catch up or exceed his career pace projection by the finish of 82 games.. if looked that way...However looked a different way his projected pace for goals needs to increase 23.1%over the remaining 64 games to get to the 32 goals his career pace would give in 8GP. ..
His assists pace would need to get better by 65. 719% over the next 64 games just to
get him to the 41 assists pace for 82 games played that his career pace suggests.. So these are his daunting tasks ahead. ...Can he get 26 more goals and 35 moreassists in 64 remaining games just to equal his career average projection ? Loken at this way it seems like a lot to expect.et alone exceed his "normal " production expectation like Kabe has more than produced so far.For his big raise he at the very least ought to produce to normal pace and to get back to that he has to produce at a higher than normal pace the rest of the way.That us great for us IF he can do it..If h3 just produces at his normal.oace the rest of the way he falls below his normal projection based on career average per game.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I reckon if Kane stays healthy he will easily finish with his best offensive stats of his career. If Panarin and he remain linemates and Panarin also stays healthy, I wouldn't discount Kaner approaching 100 points.

Defensively he still has his lapses, but he is more involved physically then ever and of course he has the Ruskies as permanent linemates - something Kane hasn't had since he and Toews were split up years ago.

EddieOs HairPluggs

Nov 11, 2015
'justify his big raise"

Bro, they deserve 30 million a year over next 12 years.

If Jonathan "Mr. Consistent" Toews........isn't consistent. Than what is consistent?

I think he lands exactly on his career average. Jonathan pisses the same amount every time, his poops are the same sizes everyday, and he drives exact same mileage everyday. Many have mistaken him for a machine. 4 points off is a temporary glitch in the matrix.

Last edited:

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Why does Toews raise have to be completely about production? The Captain earns his salary in a lot of other ways aside from the score sheet. Find me another captain in the NHL you would rather have from a leadership standpoint.

Sure, there are guys that put up bigger numbers, but frankly I don't care. I think Brandon Saad's success in Chicago has tons to do with playing alongside #19. I've heard the audio of Toews coaching him up on the ice when he was here. I have no doubt the same will happen with Dano in time. Can you imagine if Dano would've put home a couple of the chances he has missed due to some puck luck. People would be praising Toews up and down. Give them a few more games.

There is no one I want leading this team more than Toews. If you don't think he's worth the money you don't deserve to have watched these Hawks the last seven years. But hey, the other large contract you want to complain about is leading the NHL in a career season so you have to complain about something or things in here would just feel wrong.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Why does Toews raise have to be completely about production? The Captain earns his salary in a lot of other ways aside from the score sheet. Find me another captain in the NHL you would rather have from a leadership standpoint.

Sure, there are guys that put up bigger numbers, but frankly I don't care. I think Brandon Saad's success in Chicago has tons to do with playing alongside #19. I've heard the audio of Toews coaching him up on the ice when he was here. I have no doubt the same will happen with Dano in time. Can you imagine if Dano would've put home a couple of the chances he has missed due to some puck luck. People would be praising Toews up and down. Give them a few more games.

There is no one I want leading this team more than Toews. If you don't think he's worth the money you don't deserve to have watched these Hawks the last seven years. But hey, the other large contract you want to complain about is leading the NHL in a career season so you have to complain about something or things in here would just feel wrong.

Agree with all of this, but at $10.5M he needs to produce more. There's no doubt in my mind that his production will get better. It's only been 18 games.

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
If worrying about Toews' production meeting career standards is our biggest worry, then I'm setting up my lawn chair on Michigan Avenue waiting for next year's cup to come by (well maybe not today, it's pouring in Chicago, but soon!).

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Agree with all of this, but at $10.5M he needs to produce more. There's no doubt in my mind that his production will get better. It's only been 18 games.

No doubt he's a little behind, but he is also trying to carry his line against the opponents top line every night. Like you said, only 18 games in. He'll get back up to par.

And if I'm making the decisions his par is worth the raise. He's produced three cups. I don't need increased production just because he got a raise. He's does enough every year for me to get paid what he's making now. He was previously underpaid comparatively.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Toews may be in a slump but I doubt he continues being down for the course of the year. He's looked better with Dano and that's a start. I think if he and Hoss get time to gel with Dano things will be fine.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Toews may be in a slump but I doubt he continues being down for the course of the year. He's looked better with Dano and that's a start. I think if he and Hoss get time to gel with Dano things will be fine.

:rolleyes:This is getting annoying. Toews' game is fine. Points never have, and never will define what he is about, or his value to the team.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
:rolleyes:This is getting annoying. Toews' game is fine. Points never have, and never will define what he is about, or his value to the team.
No, his game is off. It's not "OMFG, trade the bastage" off, but it's off--think 2013 Detroit prior to Seabs' peptalk off.

It's also not reason for panic, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad