News Article: So, Habs practiced today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/de-retour-au-boulot-1.864449

In nets? This guy.

THIBAULT_Jocelyn_1.jpg

WITH GRAY HAIR!!! I feel so old.

Also, Galchenyuk was there and feels his hand is stronger but doesn't know yet how ready he is for actual gameplay, Bournival is still going through the safety deal for the concussion and wasn't there, Moen is almost ready to comeback and Drewiske wasn't around, he's on leave for family reasons.

Brisebois was there too, and if we had a situation where we were in a dire need of a defenseman like, we'd be going into a game with only 15-16 skaters or something and had no options in Hamilton, I would totally sign Breezer to a PTO and put him in there for one game while we bring Nygren in from Sweden or something. He's not aging.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

In nets? This guy.

THIBAULT_Jocelyn_1.jpg

Also, Galchenyuk was there and feels his hand is stronger but doesn't know yet how ready he is for actual gameplay, Bournival is still going through the safety deal for the concussion and wasn't there, Moen is almost ready to comeback and Drewiske wasn't around, he's on leave for family reasons.

Brisebois was there too, and if we had a situation where we were in a dire need of a defenseman like, we'd be going into a game with only 15-16 skaters or something and had no options in Hamilton, I would totally sign Breezer to a PTO and put him in there for one game while we bring Nygren in from Sweden or something. He's not aging.

Either you forgot a :sarcasm: smiley or you can GTFO

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Thibault was cool, not easy to play in MTL right after Roy....

Bg29dG9IMAAnLDw.jpg

watching the game/ shooting something for 24ch i bet

Bg3WyayIEAAfBwU.jpg

Alyson Lozoff hot as hell :amazed:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site

In nets? This guy.

THIBAULT_Jocelyn_1.jpg

Hey, that's Jaro Halak Sr!

GreenBubbleRaincoat

Mar 15, 2013
Hancock, Michigan
OK, I have to add my 2 cents here. I started watching the Habs at the very end of Tremblay's tenure as coach. Jocelyn Thibault was the first hockey player I idolized, and he's still my favorite goalie of all-time.

I swear this man was placed in the toughest shoes of all-time when it comes to trades. Think about it. Also think about the defense he had in front of him while he was a Hab. Then look at his numbers... he was a good goalie. A kid playing for his childhood team, but also replacing Patrick Roy. Impossible. I will say he never seemed to get it together for the playoffs, but that could have changed. I also really liked the Thibault/Moog combo in 1998.

I will always be bothered by the bad things most Habs fans have to say about him. He seems like a humble, good guy that had to deal with some nonsense while donning the CH. He was definitely a talented net-minder, and he's still one of my hockey idols!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
OK, I have to add my 2 cents here. I started watching the Habs at the very end of Tremblay's tenure as coach. Jocelyn Thibault was the first hockey player I idolized, and he's still my favorite goalie of all-time.

I swear this man was placed in the toughest shoes of all-time when it comes to trades. Think about it. Also think about the defense he had in front of him while he was a Hab. Then look at his numbers... he was a good goalie. A kid playing for his childhood team, but also replacing Patrick Roy. Impossible. I will say he never seemed to get it together for the playoffs, but that could have changed. I also really liked the Thibault/Moog combo in 1998.

I will always be bothered by the bad things most Habs fans have to say about him. He seems like a humble, good guy that had to deal with some nonsense while donning the CH. He was definitely a talented net-minder, and he's still one of my hockey idols!

I didn't watch hockey from 1993-94 till about 2001 so it's always weird to me that Moog was a Hab along with Linden and Recchi.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

The thing that stuck with me about thibault was his paddle down stance when the puck would go behind the net. Its not something I've seen before or since.

He was a decent prospect, that was lauded for his maturity. He made the nords squad well before he ever hit the age of 20. However, looking back, you wonder how much the Roy factor may have impacted his career. I mean, he's a Quebec guy, so he knows exactly what Roy meant to that franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad