Speculation: So...Does Goligoski Sign Or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Where have I been ? Who reported this?

The dumb Az Gambo was trying to make a story of it yesterday afternoon, stating he reported six weeks ago that Doan wanted to stay and six weeks later - no deal. Tried to make it financial and tried to add the drama of team not paying him 5ml that he deserves.... gotta sign the Capt. etc.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The dumb Az Gambo was trying to make a story of it yesterday afternoon, stating he reported six weeks ago that Doan wanted to stay and six weeks later - no deal. Tried to make it financial and tried to add the drama of team not paying him 5ml that he deserves.... gotta sign the Capt. etc.

Was listening to Burns and Gambo and thinking, "What the hell are these idiots talking about?"

Much ado about nothing.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Was listening to Burns and Gambo and thinking, "What the hell are these idiots talking about?"

Much ado about nothing.

Gambo is Doan's buddy. I think he signs but if he wants 5 mill+, I would pass on that. Doan is worth 3 mill, add a million and at 4 mill he is getting an extra mill for his time here. They will work it out.

Doan had a great year goal scoring wise. He was in the right place at the right time, stood in front of the net. He was also clearly slowing down, not as much jump, and that will continue. I am pretty sure he signs, but I don't expect much from him this year in production.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Much ado about nothing.

That show in general is much ado about nothing. How do these guys keep their jobs?

Gambo is Doan's buddy. I think he signs but if he wants 5 mill+, I would pass on that. Doan is worth 3 mill, add a million and at 4 mill he is getting an extra mill for his time here. They will work it out.

Doan had a great year goal scoring wise. He was in the right place at the right time, stood in front of the net. He was also clearly slowing down, not as much jump, and that will continue. I am pretty sure he signs, but I don't expect much from him this year in production.

Doan played much better this last year than the year before. I thought he was finished, but this year he changed his game a bit and it helped his production. Doan was never fast, so I don't see a big drop off in speed, but his smarts and experience help him in this area. I don't think his production will be as good, but if he is on the same line as last year, he will still be a big asset next year.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
bigger question is why are you wasting your time listening to Burns and Gambo?

At the end of the day, I need white noise to unwind from the stress of work as I commute home. Burns and Gambo are the perfect blend of bluster and questionable analysis that helps me to laugh all the way to the garage.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I don't think these kind of trades happen without someone sending out "feelers"...knowing what a player's wishes are. He signs.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd hope they had a idea what they were doing when tbey dealt an unconditional pick for him, but I think he tests the market. Nothing for him to lose. I think we still have a chance to sign him after, and we're one of the few teams with the space and need who also can give a nmc. I just don't think he signs before he talks to other teams unless we back up a brinks truck to his door.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Where have I been ? Who reported this?

Sorry, been away for a bit. I heard it on John Gambadoro's afternoon sports show. He said that Doan and the Coyotes were far apart on money.

Anyway, management is fully aware of the non-financial impediments to signing a UFA to this market. The only way to overcome that is with money. The very fact that they traded a pick for the rights to negotiate with Goligoski tells me that they are willing to pony up the extra coins in order to sign him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad