Speculation: So...Does Goligoski Sign Or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If he's smart and has no qualms about Arizona as a place to live, he signs. They'll offer a lot of money and relative security.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think we'll offer more money per season and a NMC. He'll head out to the market to see if he can get anyone to match. Teams will lowball with a NMC or pay up without a NMC. He'll come back.

The problem is whether his going to market on Day 2 of the draft, makes us hit the panic button on Day 1 of the draft. This is my primary fear.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Would be a great addition for us, but still up in the air. He was acquired for just a 5th round pick, so it's low risk-high reward.

So what's your honest opinion? Does he sign or not? Just trying to get a general consensus.

I am assuming you mean before the UFA period starts? He could still sign after the UFA period begins. If I am the Coyotes, I would tell him the offer is good until the UFA period begins.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I am assuming you mean before the UFA period starts? He could still sign after the UFA period begins. If I am the Coyotes, I would tell him the offer is good until the UFA period begins.

Exactly, otherwise he will test the market.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don't think he'll get a NMC from the Coyotes or any other team. My wild guess is there's no more NMCs awarded until after expansion.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't think he'll get a NMC from the Coyotes or any other team. My wild guess is there's no more NMCs awarded until after expansion.

That's our ace in the hole, man. Trading for his rights, and offering him both market value AND a NMC is the only chance we've got.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
While I hope he signs, I have a feeling he won't. I just think that other teams will be able to offer about the same as the Coyotes and are much more stable and appealing.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's our ace in the hole, man. Trading for his rights, and offering him both market value AND a NMC is the only chance we've got.

I think we may offer more than market value. We have the cap room for a few more years.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Golo exchanged numbers with Dallas it's fairly safe he's signable. Biggest issue will be arena issue/franchise relocation.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Voted yes.

oddball2.jpg

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Next summer some teams will be in a very weak position because of their NMCs. I hope GMJC doesn't play his ace in the hole a year early and on a UFA.

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I think so. I mean, if the Coyotes thought they had a chance to sign him, they'd wait until July 1st and make an offer, like any team would. But someone within the org. seems to have the inside track on this, so I gotta believe if they're confident enough to move a 5th rounder for him, they're capable of making a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad