So disappointed I have to watch This Bruins team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
6fabcbd4e236968b0704509acefb6d56.gif

well played.... well played indeed

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Remember what happened the year after we lost against the Flyers?
Yep, this is our year my friends, they won't see us coming also. No President Trophy for us. Thanks.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think it's reasonable to be upset with some of the choices management has made or to have concerns with the direction they're going in.
But saying I won't even be happy if they win the cup because they're so boring is... something.

FireSweeney

Oct 23, 2010
Auburn, Maine
Imagine how those LA fans felt last year when they were 26th in the league in goals for. You don't need flashy players as long as each line works. Only time will tell if something needs to change but we haven't even played a single game this year and people already saying guys like Eriksson will suck. Bahston.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I get what he's saying. I think there's a genuine frustration and lack of interest in this team, going into this season. They promised change and didn't make any. They talked about adding skill and didn't add any. They talked about adding speed and didn't add any.

Maybe if the B's didn't sell the fans on these changes then there wouldn't be this frustration. Fans would see another very deep, very solid team and be content, but fans got excited about the speed/skill of a Pastrnak or Spooner and now they're a little let down.

We'll see if winning cures all and ratchets the interest back up.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I get what he's saying. I think there's a genuine frustration and lack of interest in this team, going into this season. They promised change and didn't make any. They talked about adding skill and didn't add any. They talked about adding speed and didn't add any.

Maybe if the B's didn't sell the fans on these changes then there wouldn't be this frustration. Fans would see another very deep, very solid team and be content, but fans got excited about the speed/skill of a Pastrnak or Spooner and now they're a little let down.

Fine, but is disingenuous to be calling them unwatchable when they haven't even played game 1 of 82 yet.

Mully

Oct 7, 2008
Halifax, NS
Did you just start watching the Bruins in 2008? As posters have already pointed out, there have been WAY worse Bruins rosters and you don't even have to go back all that far.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Again....there's a difference between being frustrated with the lack of change and the moves that have (and have not) been made, and being disappointed that you have to watch a team. Not to mention stating that even if they win, you won't be happy. That's just asinine.

I hope winning doesn't cure all...I'm fine with shedding some of the loonies from the fanbase.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I wanted more youth on opening night too.

Nonetheless, Im PUMPED and JACKED for the season. And I think there are some good storylines regarding the team (Can Smith replicate last year? Can Loui handle the first line in Boston? How's Z gonna hold up? Will Doggie reach another level in his development? Will Clode start wearing the latest styles from Lenscrafters? etc)

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Did you just start watching the Bruins in 2008? As posters have already pointed out, there have been WAY worse Bruins rosters and you don't even have to go back all that far.

Sure, but the Stanley Cup window was shut real tight back then. It's frustrating to see Chiarelli throw the towel and get Charmin soft in the process. Good thing I'm not a season ticket holder who has to swallow insane increases year after year on top of it.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
It's just that... I have to live with memories of being EXCITED about the likes of Sandy Moger and Tim (the tool man) Taylor :shakehead

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
While I like a lot of the players I root for the laundry not whose wearing it.

At times Julien and Chia have made decisions I didn't like or left me wondering what they were thinking.

But I don't let those decisions stop me from enjoying hockey or better yet Bruins hockey.

It's a 23 man roster that entering the season had two open slots-that means pretty much everyone at camp gets released. I personally would like to see the team make more room for the kids but the FO has a different perspective and sees and evaluates far more than this fan does.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
In my opinion the quality of the Bruins roster in this era hit its peak last season.

I see this year and the next couple as a start of a slight decline because our most important players have lots of miles on them even if some of them aren't that old.

A GM isn't going to break up the team that got the most points in the regular season last year.

Still, I'm as frustrated as some other people with the redundancy of the player types on the roster. There really isn't anyone that is going to bring you out of your seat.

My issue is more with the "system" anyway because as effective as it can be, it sure makes for some boring hockey. I want to more see end to end rushes and 2 on 1's. I don't like watching the super conservative hockey and I don't like that often the only way to beat the goalies is "2nd chance opportunities" in which the forward practically shovels the puck over the goal line....In the end I'll probably watch maybe half of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad