So disappointed I have to watch This Bruins team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Sorry I needed to vent a little so I had to post this...forgive me if i sound cynical,
but I am very frustrated with the decisions of this management team this past off/pre season. I have completely been disappointed with their lack of commitment to develop younger players and would rather have older players who bring no excitement to the team. I bleed Black and Gold but i dread watching their games this year.

A summer of promises of change has led to only one change, that being Thornton. If they had more money Iggy would still be here so let's not count that as a change. Thornton is the only change to this team.. Can you believe it??

To be quite honest with you I really don't care if this team wins the cup this year. I can't see myself cheering for guys like Kelly, Campbell, Gagne, Eriksson, Fraser, Caron who bring no excitement to this team. None!! I am so gutted with the idea of watching this team play this year with the same boring hockey they play.

Is success to the point where the fan base is uninterested in the players on the roster worth it? I mean seriously, Is there anyone looking forward to watching this team play this year? I can't remember a more dreadful line up to watch than the one being presented to us this year.

Outisde of Bergy Marchy or Dougie is there anyone else who excites you when they are on the ice?? Lucic, Krug, Soderberg give you flashes but is that enough?? Is there really anyone else that you get excited about when they hop on the ice. Even Krejci is boring to watch.

I am so disappointed with the make up of this team. There will be no pleasure in being a Bruins fan even if they win anything this year. The management team has taken away the "umph" in me from being a Bruins fan. Anyone have a link to The Baby Bruin games instead?? In all honesty with the likelihood of Pasternak not making this team, There will be more skill in Providence this year than there will be on the Bruins.. Dreadful hockey to watch. Go win your Cup Claude, Peter Cam, I will just sit here and yawn this season out.

Am i the only one feeling this way?? Anybody else out there not caring about the success of this team based on the players in the lineup??

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Yup, you're the only idiot I know who would rather watch kids than win the bleepin cup. Your words. Not mine.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Can't wait for the season.
If it ain't broke why fix it?
Losing to the Habs sucked I'm sure we can all agree to that but I don't see it happening again next year I think our defense is literally the best in the NHL. Avenging that lose will be on the minds of every player out there.
I think there is some holes in our roster that could be detrimental to our success but I have faith in Chirelli to iron out those details prior to the playoffs. Thorton was getting up there in age and slowing down he needed to be replaced and until the kids can step up and WOW us they don't make the team.
Our high end talent is exciting to watch on a nightly basis, soda is great aswell so I am jacked to see the development of this team.
Have faith.....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
going to wait til this group (or whatever group is finally decided on) have actually put a body of work behind them before declaring my disappointment and/or enthusiasm

Tell ya one thing, the last thing I`d ever say/do is that I could care less about winning a Cup.....I ALWAYS want this team to win a Cup, October 2nd isn`t really the time I typically make the assessment of whether or not this team is even in the conversation

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I'm just really disappointed in how they are choosing to retool their forward corps. With the losses of Iggy and Thornton we had a great opportunity to address our greatest weakness, lack of speed up front, instead we have chosen to stick with more of the same.As the league trends to more speed, the B's are going against the grain and I don't think this bodes well.

Bruins2011Champions*

Krejci, Lucic, and Bergeron are anything but boring. Eriksson had a really bad year last year due to his 2 concussion, but he came back after the Oylimpics playing his his old self. Dougie Hamilton will be as good if not better then Ray Bourque.

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
It kind of makes me sad that there are Bruins fans already this spoiled.

Imagine a time when Steve Shields and John Grahame are both of your starting goaltenders. PJ Axelsson is spending time on your first line, and Martin Lapointe is the tough guy, because a feisty PJ Stock is too small and silly. The playoffs aren't out of the question, but you pray not to face Montreal.

That's just one, somewhat recent year of misery.

Bruins fans have it so good right now, because we're nowhere near that.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Being frustrated/perplexed with certain moves is one thing...being disappointed that you HAVE to watch a team is completely insane.

Go read a book.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Go scroll on HF to March 2011. The Bruins have just gone 0-6-2 I believe and there are a couple of posts similar to this. Forward less than 100 days and one of the posters I met at the parade (great guy) and was dressed head to waist in Stanley Cup garb.

Goaltending - top 5
Defense - top 5
Centers - top 5
Wingers - top half (Loui can bring this top 10)

Farm is in top 15 (I personally think its around 8-12)

I been season ticket holder since 1983 and this is one if handful of best teams

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Then don't (watch I mean).

I would prefer that the B's had gone a different way with some of their camp choices, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to watch and they aren't "my team" anymore. Take the good with the bad.

ps the season doesn't start until next Wed, still moves to come

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
they know what theyre doing.
its a long season.

if things dont work out, they will make a trade.
simple as that. The Bruins of now, do not stick with losing like the Bruins of before 6 years ago.

And as long as we are winning. I could care less if the pandolfos are on the team.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Then don't (watch I mean).

I would prefer that the B's had gone a different way with some of their camp choices, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to watch and they aren't "my team" anymore. Take the good with the bad.

ps the season doesn't start until next Wed, still moves to come

Although I don't agree the OP's comments I have felt this way about the Redsox many times.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Sorry I needed to vent a little so I had to post this...forgive me if i sound cynical,
but I am very frustrated with the decisions of this management team this past off/pre season. I have completely been disappointed with their lack of commitment to develop younger players and would rather have older players who bring no excitement to the team. I bleed Black and Gold but i dread watching their games this year.

A summer of promises of change has led to only one change, that being Thornton. If they had more money Iggy would still be here so let's not count that as a change. Thornton is the only change to this team.. Can you believe it??

To be quite honest with you I really don't care if this team wins the cup this year. I can't see myself cheering for guys like Kelly, Campbell, Gagne, Eriksson, Fraser, Caron who bring no excitement to this team. None!! I am so gutted with the idea of watching this team play this year with the same boring hockey they play.

Is success to the point where the fan base is uninterested in the players on the roster worth it? I mean seriously, Is there anyone looking forward to watching this team play this year? I can't remember a more dreadful line up to watch than the one being presented to us this year.

Outisde of Bergy Marchy or Dougie is there anyone else who excites you when they are on the ice?? Lucic, Krug, Soderberg give you flashes but is that enough?? Is there really anyone else that you get excited about when they hop on the ice. Even Krejci is boring to watch.

I am so disappointed with the make up of this team. There will be no pleasure in being a Bruins fan even if they win anything this year. The management team has taken away the "umph" in me from being a Bruins fan. Anyone have a link to The Baby Bruin games instead?? In all honesty with the likelihood of Pasternak not making this team, There will be more skill in Providence this year than there will be on the Bruins.. Dreadful hockey to watch. Go win your Cup Claude, Peter Cam, I will just sit here and yawn this season out.

Am i the only one feeling this way?? Anybody else out there not caring about the success of this team based on the players in the lineup??

Providence season tickets are under $500.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It kind of makes me sad that there are Bruins fans already this spoiled.

Imagine a time when Steve Shields and John Grahame are both of your starting goaltenders. PJ Axelsson is spending time on your first line, and Martin Lapointe is the tough guy, because a feisty PJ Stock is too small and silly. The playoffs aren't out of the question, but you pray not to face Montreal.

That's just one, somewhat recent year of misery.

Bruins fans have it so good right now, because we're nowhere near that.

Actually that one year of misery wasn't all that bad compared to many others :laugh: I don't know if I should be laughing though

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I am very frustrated with the decisions of this management team this past off/pre season...Am i the only one feeling this way?

Not me. Can't wait for the season to start. I think this team will be very similar to last year's team, and last year's team was a contending team until all the injuries in the defensive corps.

Oh, and you don't have to watch anything, nevermind this team.

acr*

6fabcbd4e236968b0704509acefb6d56.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad