So close to the top despite the injuries we've had

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm not too keen on our playoff chances. Don't go to the dirty areas on either side... tough to win that way. We need real changes to this lineup if we want to go for a cup.

The Habs are certainly not a powerhouse, and I'm not going to sell the line that 'anything can happen in the playoffs', but I feel like I have to counter people's annoying short-term memories with a dose of reality. Last playoffs was frikkin frustrating, but the same circumstances aren't going to repeat themselves again like a Groundhog Day loop, anymore than they did for Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Boston, one season after they were all eliminated in round-one. We have no idea how Gally-A and B, Bournival, Pacioretty, Emelin and Diaz will play in the playoffs because none of 'em have played more than four or five games in their career, if that. We have no idea how Eller has matured or how Price will step up. We have no idea how Briere and Prust will play.

I doubt we could beat the top three or four teams in a 7-game series, but replay the series against Ottawa, or almost any Eastern team, and the results will be different than they were in May, as they are for every team in every single playoff year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad