So 40 years ago today...

cam042686

Sep 26, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Henderson scored his famous goal.

Where were you when the goal was scored?

(I was still a star in the heavens)

I was in grade two at Parkfield Junior School in Toronto. Our Principal, Mr. Morrison came on the PA just before lunch and announced that the Ontario Minister of Education had "decreed" that all Ontario students were to be allowed to watch the game so they could witness history. If we had a care giver at home we didn't have to return after lunch. If not we could watch it at school.

So I went to my baby-sitter's (where I went for lunch and after school) and watched the game there with her daughters. I will never forget it.

Craig Wallace

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
For some reason, I have no memories of that day :sarcasm:

I understand that some games (though probably not all of them) were shown in Finland too, but it's not a very well-known series here. For example, people are much more familiar with the Miracle On Ice game. I'd also think that the 1987 Canada Cup finals are more well-known (deservedly so IMO, if the quality of hockey is used as criteria). I haven't run into any stories about it in any sports pages or sports/hockey magazines yet, but I haven't really looked for those either, so I'm not sure...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad