GDT: Snow vs. Red Tank. 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I root for everyone but Pens in the Eastern Conference. If others are winning I am happy with us winning a bit. I like our position to sell. I think we move FA of Mantha, Edmundson, Patches, NAK. I’d also move chucky for right package (he will get a first). Dowd if the pick is a first and a prospect. Otherwise hold him for next year which i think they will.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I see no one mentioned that OV was less than an inch away from scoring his 2nd of the game and tying the score at 4-4! Avs were very lucky as Gorgiev bailed his team out on many of the Caps golden scoring chances. CMM is now in a 2 way play slump! He let a pass through him that he could have stopped/blocked and he has no confidence in his shot right now. CMM goal was a lucky pass that bank shot off the Avs d-man. He needs to shoot a few secs earlier. CMM is thinking too much and it's costing him in his development.

Lindgren was not getting help from his team, but on the Avs 2nd goal I think he did not read the play right before he got screened on the long shot. I say this because I have seen Lindgren be sharper than that if he correctly reads the play right. 2 mistakes I think he had on the play, he looked left and by then he was too late and he didn't have his right-handed glove ready.

Leonsis needs to relocate the Caps in Dubai.
Ted can't afford it!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Why you gotta taunt @AlexBrovechkin8 like that lol…..
1707953288869.png

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I have to point some things out, even though I didn't watch the game. What was the point of pulling the goalie a 2nd time and giving up a 2nd empty netter after giving up a empty netter that put them 2 down with something like 40 secs left in the game? The game was out of reach. Was Carbery trying to give OV another chance to score a goal to get closer to Gretzky? If that was the case, then it was a dumb coaching decision. Caps have done this multiple times giving up multiple empty net goals in a game, which has contributed to their ugly negative goal differential. I might add, over a season giving OV(38 years of age) xtra ice time at the end of games trailing by 2 with close to 1/2 a min left is just putting more wear on OV during the season, when he should be rested when possible to keep him more fresh during the season. Maybe this is a learning mistake on Carbery's rookie coaching season?

2 things I have not liked about Carbery from the start of the season. I think he gets too much into analytics and he hasn't so far in his rookie coaching season gotten the best offense from certain players. It is a coaches job to get the best out of his players. I commend Carbery for getting the team to play better at times as a 5-man unit in all 3 zones, but at what point do you question his tactics in emphasizing too much in defending that it hinders so much of the good offensive players scoring ability. The way I see it, Carbery's system has handcuffed the teams goal scoring ability, which has contributed to the teams struggle to score goals(I think I'm in the minority that feels, constantly mentioning the team is old/slow as an excuse why they are at the bottom of the league in scoring goals).

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Coaches have been crazy pulling the goalies early these last few seasons. For gambling its great for pucklines and overs you need late goals for.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The difference between losing by 2 (or 3) is far less punishing than the reward of maybe getting a standings point. Pulling the goalie makes sense. You're increasing the odds of improving your ranking at the expense of the 6th tie-breaker for standings. Pull the goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad